The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

I went for Moffat.  The black third kit of a couple of seasons ago was a thing of beauty.  Moffat came closest to reproducing it.

There are some cracking strips to choose from there. I also voted for Moffat.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Skyline's still occasionally around on P&B, he just doesn't post on our club thread anymore.  I've had some discussion with him a wee while back on one of the other forums, can't quite recall the subject of the thread though.  I always really appreciated his insights into the administrative aspects of the game where he was clearly and obviously much more informed than most of us on here - and I think fans of other clubs used to welcome his informed input too.  That said, I don't think he coped particularly well with opposing points of view and I got the impression that his version mostly had to prevail (although to be fair he usually was right).  Did he receive abuse on here?  Not sure I read any, although I know that he could come across as a bit over pedantic to some posters (particularly of other clubs).  I guess we'll never know if he decided to avoid our club thread of his own volition, or if he was instructed to do so by the board.  Personally, I hope he returns to our club thread as I miss his input.

I cope just fine with opposing points of view if debated lucidly.

I've said it dozens of times before but nobody has EVER told me not to post. I choose not to, though I still read it regularly.

And with that, cheerio again. 

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've said it dozens of times before but nobody has EVER told me not to post. I choose not to, though I still read it regularly.

This place was the better with SD's contributions and insights. As usual, a minority are why we cannot have nice things.

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

As a fan he seemed to do a good job. What’s your point? Tell us if you have a different view and why. 

1 hour ago, Frankie S said:

Have to agree with Monkey Tennis here. I, and I'm sure many others, will never forget the irony of a Rangers-supporting interloper on the Palmerston board castigating lifelong Queens’ fans for not being ‘true supporters’, after many of us expressed disenchantment with the club following the Ranger vote debacle.

The 2nd of these quotes sums it up well for me.  People have short memories.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I agree with your QoS comrades, the more better quality posters on P&B the better and you very comfortably fall into that category.

Your viewpoints and insight are missed.

9 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Folk wanting Mark Robertson back 😂. Guaranteed in about 10 years time these same revisionists will be saying how great Hewitson was. 

Unless Ive missed it I don't think anyone has actually said they want Robertson back, just someone like him who communicates with fans,takes heed of what they say and gets things done. Obviously better as well if that person is a Quens fan rather than a Loyal season ticket holder of a Glasgow based Club.

14 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Unless Ive missed it I don't think anyone has actually said they want Robertson back, just someone like him who communicates with fans,takes heed of what they say and gets things done. Obviously better as well if that person is a Quens fan rather than a Loyal season ticket holder of a Glasgow based Club.

It really is a terrible look for the current BOD when fans are willing to rewrite Mark Robertsons disastrous spell on the board simply because he posted on a message board (using a Rangers player as an alias) 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'd see the last bit as more of a prerequisite than a mere preference to be honest.

I'm also struggling with the "takes heed of what fans say" part of your post. The board flew directly in the face of unified opinion on the biggest question of his  day, heaping shame and embarrassment on all of us.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

43 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd see the last bit as more of a prerequisite than a mere preference to be honest.

I'm also struggling with the "takes heed of what fans say" part of your post. The board flew directly in the face of unified opinion on the biggest question of his  day, heaping shame and embarrassment on all of us.

This "rangers vote" thing always confuses me as I can't recall at the  time any poll or questionnaire seeking supporters views, certainly no- one asked me my views. As for "taking heed", maybe a bit of a stretch, he (Robertson) did give the impression that he was interested in what supporters wanted or had to say (beyond the rangers thing) that's not to say he or the Board necessarily acted on it. 

On 09/03/2024 at 12:04, Fae_the_'briggs said:

This "rangers vote" thing always confuses me as I can't recall at the  time any poll or questionnaire seeking supporters views, certainly no- one asked me my views. As for "taking heed", maybe a bit of a stretch, he (Robertson) did give the impression that he was interested in what supporters wanted or had to say (beyond the rangers thing) that's not to say he or the Board necessarily acted on it. 

There was an on-line consultation for fans views, run by Robertson, specifically on the question of the Rangers vote.  I can't remember whether it was via the OS or QueensMad but others will. 

It attracted many responses and the expressed view from fans was virtually unanimous, in saying that they did not want the club to vote in favour of the Rangers re-birth being admitted to the second tier.

As pointed out at the time, if you're going to consult fans who then strongly tell you something, you'd better have bloody good reasons to completely ignore them.  As evidenced by the mealy mouthed contradictory statement which followed, there were not good reasons.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They wanted rid of you and now want you back !!!!!! Funny old game. All you did was to inform and talk sense. Still can’t believe they don’t know who you are SD ? There you go, best team win today.

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We (most of us I think) miss your input SD ... go on, life's sadly too short.

12 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

They wanted rid of you and now want you back !!!!!! Funny old game. All you did was to inform and talk sense. Still can’t believe they don’t know who you are SD ? There you go, best team win today.

I would very much guarantee that the vast majority of Queens fans on here know who SD is, he hardly hides it, and what roles he plays at the Club. 

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I would very much guarantee that the vast majority of Queens fans on here know who SD is, he hardly hides it, and what roles he plays at the Club. 

And your point is?

This weekend marks the 16th anniversary of Ryan McCann scoring "that" goal and securing our place in the Scottish Cup semi-finals on the way to running "them" close in the final.

Today we are 2 down at half time to our local rivals who were non-league at the time of the said cup run, and whose matchday squad today includes six Queens rejects, and a couple of weeks ago we couldn't beat an Edinburgh City side fresh out of school that don't have a pot to piss in.

Let's just take a moment for that to sink in.

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

How bad was the reaction at full-time?

Actually fairly muted.  A few youngsters were telling Bartley where to get to, but most just grumbled away from the ground.  There had been more reaction when Annan's goals went in and at the half time whistle.

I think the fact that we were pressing ineffectually for an equaliser at full time, meant that there was less reaction than there would have been if it had fizzled away at 2-0.