The Queen of the South thread

Watching the game against us on Saturday i was surprised just how many good individual players you have. Your problem lies in lack of belief within the team. This showed the minute we equalised. You could see the heads go down and the good play disappeared.  It must be a morale thing and your " manager " has not got the skills to fix it. 

We suffered from similar lack of fight under new to the game managers and the 4th Quarter was a nightmare. John McGlynn knows how to motivate ( despite his brain farts!) and it shows in our results. Good luck!

6 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Watching the game against us on Saturday i was surprised just how many good individual players you have. Your problem lies in lack of belief within the team. This showed the minute we equalised. You could see the heads go down and the good play disappeared.  It must be a morale thing and your " manager " has not got the skills to fix it. 

We suffered from similar lack of fight under new to the game managers and the 4th Quarter was a nightmare. John McGlynn knows how to motivate ( despite his brain farts!) and it shows in our results. Good luck!

I've said this all along... I have full belief that our current crop of players can more than hold there own... with our very few good performances coming against much better opposition.  The problem is the man management abilities of the staff and now the off field goings on with the board stepping away etc.  This absolutely will resonate onto the pitch so its important that the board are trying hard to find replacements as soon as possible as this will see some positivity.  As sad as it is, a mind coach session for the boys would work wonders to get their heads back in the game... When you are playing a game of football (or anything for that matter) and you know if you cock up, your getting the hair drier treatment... this inadvertently makes you cock up as you are so conscious....  Get the hackles off, play attacking football instead of this crap MB has them playing and go for it....... we aren't down yet so lets get stuck in, get attacking from the front and if (which i don't think we will) we do end up falling... then we've fought..... not stuttered out the back door in some sort of pathetic attempt to play a passing, ball retention game

3 hours ago, Mon_The_South said:

I've said this all along... I have full belief that our current crop of players can more than hold there own... with our very few good performances coming against much better opposition.  The problem is the man management abilities of the staff and now the off field goings on with the board stepping away etc.  This absolutely will resonate onto the pitch so its important that the board are trying hard to find replacements as soon as possible as this will see some positivity.  As sad as it is, a mind coach session for the boys would work wonders to get their heads back in the game... When you are playing a game of football (or anything for that matter) and you know if you cock up, your getting the hair drier treatment... this inadvertently makes you cock up as you are so conscious....  Get the hackles off, play attacking football instead of this crap MB has them playing and go for it....... we aren't down yet so lets get stuck in, get attacking from the front and if (which i don't think we will) we do end up falling... then we've fought..... not stuttered out the back door in some sort of pathetic attempt to play a passing, ball retention game

queens remind me so much of our spells in L1 under Holt, Sheeran and Rennie. a lack of height, physicality and leadership when things are not going to plan,  although tbf Josh Todd he's shown up well against us and played well, busting a gut for the team. you can defo play as both games at palmerston have shown, 3 if you count last season when you won 1-0 but there is something missing. maybe you only play well against the teams who let you play and give you the space and  less so against the teams when you have to fight for the right to play. queens are a famous club and can't go down to League 2, I hope you fight your way out of this. 

29 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

queens remind me so much of our spells in L1 under Holt, Sheeran and Rennie. a lack of height, physicality and leadership when things are not going to plan,  although tbf Josh Todd he's shown up well against us and played well, busting a gut for the team. you can defo play as both games at palmerston have shown, 3 if you count last season when you won 1-0 but there is something missing. maybe you only play well against the teams who let you play and give you the space and  less so against the teams when you have to fight for the right to play. queens are a famous club and can't go down to League 2, I hope you fight your way out of this. 

Appreciate your comforting words there @AJ1981 ... however, this is a sporting contest and we have no divine right to be in any higher league ... if we're crap, we deserve to drop, simples.

4 hours ago, Mon_The_South said:

Agree, managers of top clubs talk about needing "mentality monsters" in their players.  However, when you watch the Queens players on the pitch and particularly when forced in front of the camera for interviews, their body language is poor and they just look/sound completely demoralised - there's no doubt that this stems from Bartley's constant passing the buck for failure onto the players, but also (and particularly recently) due to the Board's really poorly timed announcement of departure.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Appreciate your comforting words there @AJ1981 ... however, this is a sporting contest and we have no divine right to be in any higher league ... if we're crap, we deserve to drop, simples.

I know @Otis Blue you're spot on, I also agree that a change of manager could see you finish stronger and if there are play offs then you'd have a fighting chance. Fingers crossed your bod sees sense.

15 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

An important win for Kelty tonight.

It ends a rotten run for them.  Almost every side seems capable of digging out a big result.  Just the one exception.

Kelty were excellent last night. Fired up from the first whistle, never let us settle and played a lot of good stuff. 

Exactly the sort of performance that was needed in their circumstances. 

From Saturday's point of view, I'd expect a positive reaction from the Alloa players. Bobby Wales will miss that one too though and we'll likely play Sammo or Roy in his place, which weakens us.

35 minutes ago, printer said:

Kelty were excellent last night. Fired up from the first whistle, never let us settle and played a lot of good stuff. 

From Saturday's point of view, I'd expect a positive reaction from the Alloa players. Bobby Wales will miss that one too though and we'll likely play Sammo or Roy in his place, which weakens us.

Roy likes a goal against Queens tho.

51 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

I know @Otis Blue you're spot on, I also agree that a change of manager could see you finish stronger and if there are play offs then you'd have a fighting chance. Fingers crossed your bod sees sense.

Unfortunately the mindset of our bod appears to be decidedly "not interested" as they've just announced that they're all leaving at the end of the season ... you couldn't make this stuff up ... rudderless ship or what? So Bartley's going nowhere ... apart from L2 with the rest of us.

9 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Unfortunately the mindset of our bod appears to be decidedly "not interested" as they've just announced that they're all leaving at the end of the season ... you couldn't make this stuff up ... rudderless ship or what? So Bartley's going nowhere ... apart from L2 with the rest of us.

from the outside looking in i always felt you were a well run club, which makes this downturn all the more strange, we've moved to full fan ownership recently after being very badly run for what seems like forever, i hope you and the rest of the fans get the chance to turn things around

Edited by AJ1981

16 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Always feel slightly uncomfortable when I read a sensible post like this from an opposing team (esp Falkirk). Need to remember its not only Bartley but Grant Murray who has much more experience and must share the responsibility for the last 2 years of underperformance.

2 hours ago, sneeuq said:

Always feel slightly uncomfortable when I read a sensible post like this from an opposing team (esp Falkirk). Need to remember its not only Bartley but Grant Murray who has much more experience and must share the responsibility for the last 2 years of underperformance.

Murray 3 time loser. Sacked at Raith, disaster under Gibson, embarrassment under Bartley. A decent assistant may have helped Marv. If the Bod won’t fire Marv sack this clown and get a decent experienced coach to come in and work alongside Marv til end of the season

11 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Murray 3 time loser. Sacked at Raith, disaster under Gibson, embarrassment under Bartley. A decent assistant may have helped Marv. If the Bod won’t fire Marv sack this clown and get a decent experienced coach to come in and work alongside Marv til end of the season

Aye, but will Bartley listen to anyone, experienced or otherwise?  He seems to be so rigid in his beliefs about how we should play.

15 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye, but will Bartley listen to anyone, experienced or otherwise?  He seems to be so rigid in his beliefs about how we should play.

Was thinking that on Saturday actually. Was sat behind them and could see Murray was trying to tell him something and Bartley wasn’t having it at all. My guess is that Murray is effectively no use anyway as any input he has which is different wouldn’t be heard because of Bartley’s ego/delusion.

10 hours ago, printer said:

While some teams can start a match fired up, our gang jog onto the pitch looking for all the world like damp tinder.  The manager spends the rest of the match rubbing two sticks together in the hope of creating a spark.  And usually fails.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That might just be the best 3rd kit in our new division.

We'll have to wait and see what design Brechin come up with.