The Queen of the South thread

Alloa away in the opener. A pretty tough start as I fancy Alloa to do well this season and that's before we take into account our record against them. I'd have preferred a home fixture but I'm actually pretty happy with that as it's a good early difficult opponent. 

53 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Alloa away in the opener. A pretty tough start as I fancy Alloa to do well this season and that's before we take into account our record against them. I'd have preferred a home fixture but I'm actually pretty happy with that as it's a good early difficult opponent. 

Thanks in advance for the opening three points.

45 minutes ago, printer said:

Thanks in advance for the opening three points.

It's a win-win fixture for us really. If we lose we can't take anything negative from it as we love getting beat by Alloa. And if we win it'll clearly indicate from Day 1 that we're going to walk the division. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Aye, at least we'll know where we stand after that first fixture and what sort of a season we're in for. Alloa will be well fancied to do well this season. It will be a real yardstick. Sure to be carried live on most TV channels you'd think ... 🙄

12 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Why? Was he not the one who has 

When you play trialists they should make a impact in the game you should go away thinking I hope Murphy signs him .

The other night none did that would be surprised if we sign any of them.

We can't afford to carry another Doherty or McKechnie.

We need real quality added to the squad not just sign players to make the numbers up .

57 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

When you play trialists they should make a impact in the game you should go away thinking I hope Murphy signs him .

We need real quality added to the squad not just sign players to make the numbers up .

Yes we need 2/3 more decent forwards. That’s the challenge

Still think we are around five short. Cover at centre half, right back, right winger and two strikers ideally. From our recruitment so far I still think that there is room for Connelly. I don’t see why we have seemed to have pulled our offer after the signing of Kennedy.

34 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Still think we are around five short. Cover at centre half, right back, right winger and two strikers ideally. From our recruitment so far I still think that there is room for Connelly. I don’t see why we have seemed to have pulled our offer after the signing of Kennedy.

Do we actually know that we have pulled our offer?

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Shut up 

44 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

I’d imagine it’ll only be one striker and a left back 

3 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

We only have 12 signed first team players backed up with youngsters .

I think we need at least to add another 5 first team players we only have 3 signed defenders 2 of which  are  injury prone plus only 2  forwards one is Doherty .

34 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Do we actually know that we have pulled our offer?

I’m going off what others seemed to be saying, was indicated we ended our interest with our signing at the start of the week (Kennedy).

25 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Do we even have anyone who can play right back yet? If we are going for a left back I wouldn’t  mind Kilsby back who could play a few positions.

Edited by QoS99

19 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Do we even have anyone who can play right back yet? If we are going for a left back I wouldn’t  mind Kilsby back who could play a few positions.

I’d imagine Barnes will be one of our options down the right. He’s pretty versatile, has showed up reasonably in friendlies, I’d imagine a decision will be made after Saturday. More likely to see MacIntyre back than Kilsby, Murphy got a real turn out the kid 

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Lets be honest - if you guys (QOS) can not win the league this year sack Murphy

Bore off mate 

35 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

I’d imagine Barnes will be one of our options down the right. He’s pretty versatile, has showed up reasonably in friendlies, I’d imagine a decision will be made after Saturday. More likely to see MacIntyre back than Kilsby, Murphy got a real turn out the kid 

Bore off mate 

McIntyre impressed me thr few times he got a chance at Queen's last season then flourished under Murphy at Annan when given lots more game time.