The Queen of the South thread

Coming to think of it , can someone tell us the rolling , week to week stats of how this team is doing compared to Gus McPhersons one after equal games , points etc. It hasn't been presented this week yet . If they can't then I will do a bit of research and put my findings on here #goodstatsmakeyouhappier

If we stick with 4-4-2 and if McIntyre can resist the temptation to keep breaking things that aren't broken, we may well catch up and overtake Alloa.

The purpose of the comparison with them was to demonstrate that McIntyre's tinkering was adversely affecting the team, which it quite clearly was.

The solution is for McIntyre to change his ways in order to make the comparisons redundant.

Similarly the comparison with the Gus team.

McIntyre changing the team to be closer to last season's doesn't prove the comparisons were wrong. It just proves he was wrong to change it in the first place. Like most of us were saying.

Coming to think of it , can someone tell us the rolling , week to week stats of how this team is doing compared to Gus McPhersons one after equal games , points etc. It hasn't been presented this week yet . If they can't then I will do a bit of research and put my findings on here #goodstatsmakeyouhappier

Someone quoted it on a Queens thread the other day on here. We're now about nine points better off, or something, with a better squad in a weaker division.

I didn't, and still don't understand the clamour for us to get a striker in. Particularly as we largely only play with one, yet have several attacking players on the books.

For me if we play one striker it's a straight fight between Reilly and Lyle, and if we play two, that should be the partnership. Particularly off the back of last Saturday's win which saw both of them score. It should be down to the new man to force his way into the side.

Just like Dowie though, McHugh is McIntyre's signing and he has to justify it, so we will likely see McHugh thrown straight in on Saturday, and Reilly moved to centre half to accommodate him.

Anyone know how our points for the second quarter compare with those in the first quarter? Also how does it compare with the other teams? Certainly think the second quarter has been much improved even if the league position isn't showing it at the moment.

Since Reilly got his first start this season, he has started 7 games and scored 4 goals. If they had been the first 7 games of the season, he would currently be the top scorer, with Lyle and Russell having 2 each.

Yes but they weren't, It's all ifs and buts.

For me glad we have brought in another striker, one with something to prove, hopefully this signing will push us towards the play offs.

So Reilly has scored 4 goals from 7 starts and how have we done since he's been part of starting line up?

Reilly and Lyle don't have something to prove I take it!

Edited by Hawk

Not got time to look into it in much detail but MacPherson's side collected the following after 9 and 18 games:

1st Quarter - 8pts

2nd Quarter - 7pts

After 20 games - 17 pts compared to 25pts for the current side.

Anyone know how our points for the second quarter compare with those in the first quarter? Also how does it compare with the other teams? Certainly think the second quarter has been much improved even if the league position isn't showing it at the moment.

1st Quarter - 9pts

2nd Quarter - 13pts (with an o/s fixture in hand so might get it to 14 or even 16pts yet)

3rd Quarter - 3pts (out of six so far)

I don't have time to work out how that compares directly to other sides by quarter but the form table (last eight games) should be roughly similar and can be found here:

http://stats.football365.com/dom/SCO/D1/oform.html

We're 4th in that and defending a loss in the game that will drop off this weekend so anything we get might move us up (though Livingston are also dropping off a loss).

He will start if fit. He has not been signed on a short term loan to sit on the bench. He has been a regular in a good Motherwell squad. This could be a good move for him, and both clubs. I am looking for 8 goals from him between now and the end of the season

Edited by MacWatt

If Reilly maintains his average of 4 from 7, if he started all the games, we'd expect him to get 9 from the rest of the season. Why should the new signing, who presumably has the killer instinct we've been lacking, have a lower target?

Dundee had been hoping to take two Motherwell players on loan, Cummins and one other but were thwarted by the one player loan rule. The SPFL changed the rule (mid transfer window) and we stepped in and got McHugh. So as well as getting a player on loan we seem to have possibly prevented Dundee from getting one. Ok I am looking for 9 goals from now to the end of the season!

Someone quoted it on a Queens thread the other day on here. We're now about nine points better off, or something, with a better squad in a weaker division.

Is the comparison suddenly now not as 'appetising' to mention now that McIntyres team is marching past McPherson's in points or am I imagining things ? Will have to look it up as the weekly scrutiny could be discontinued I feel untill we hit a run of defeats again. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Is the comparison suddenly now not as 'appetising' to mention now that McIntyres team is marching past McPherson's in points or am I imagining things ? Will have to look it up as the weekly scrutiny could be discontinued I feel untill we hit a run of defeats again.

When we start beating some full time teams I'll be more impressed. Beating Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton is the least that should be expected.

Is the comparison suddenly now not as 'appetising' to mention now that McIntyres team is marching past McPherson's in points or am I imagining things ? Will have to look it up as the weekly scrutiny could be discontinued I feel untill we hit a run of defeats again.

What is your gripe, do you take things posted here personally?

When we start beating some full time teams I'll be more impressed. Beating Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton is the least that should be expected.

It's 3 points for a win whoever we play , it's irrelevant if they're full or part-time