The Queen of the South thread

No, do you think so?

I think Holty has the potential to go on to much bigger things than Danny Grainger. He is quick, strong, good in the tackle and has a good touch.

St Mirren kept Grainger for 4 or 5 months before realising his wages are not in line with his ability. Holty will be on a smallish wage and Grainger would demand a much bigger wage to make a minimal difference at best.

If queens are going to be signing anyone I would be looking at the best under 23 players in division two and three. Dundee Utd picked up Andrew Robertson from queens park for peanuts and are talking of making in excess of a million when he leaves. Not for a second thinking we could command such a fee but wouldn't it be great to get 12/18 months from such players and watch them develop. Washed up players like Mark Kerr and Danny Grainger are not the way I want to see us go.

Edited by Broony88

Why does that make it a poor league?

All it means is that there is nothing between the teams surely that makes it a good league

3 players have just gone down south from this league so it can,t be that bad.

Great win for Queens think some fans would rather see Queens lose

I was maybe to quick to want McIntyre out.

Edited by Northfield 53

It makes it poor because we are pretty poor yet we are still doing relatively well.

The quality of the league has deteriorated since the likes of St Johnstone and Inverness won it and became established SPL clubs, or Hamilton, Falkirk or St Mirren won it and did well.

I don't think there can really be any doubting that?

Big Zander is an excellent keeper but the old saying play well keep the shirt may come into play. Young jim has come in and done nothing wrong. Would it be unfair to drop Jim now when Zander is fit again ?

I also put my hands up and say I might have got McIntrye wrong. His tactics in last few games have been spot on.

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

Does today's booking now rule out Burnsy for the Falkirk clash? Getting to the down to the nitty gritty games now, glad Russel will be back and fresh for the Dundee clash.

He has 6 bookings so should be due a suspension (unless theres some cut-off date like down south, but I dont think there is) It wont be for the Falkirk game, next week, though

We're at an interesting point in the season now with 5 tough games in a row against the teams above us or in really good form, if we manage to come out with pass marks we may be able to look up a bit, but then again we can easily lose all 5 of them and be back in the mess below us. At least we're at home for 4 out of the 5 games. This season's still got a lot to play for with 14 games left.

We mourned the loss of a manager and a 'record winning' feeling.

We liked the look of a new attack minded manager.

We demolished the league favourites Dundee.

We struggled a bit.

We lost quite a few games narrowly.

We doubted our new management team

We won a few games narrowly.

We are 4th.

We believe.