The Queen of the South thread

Its an association fallacy, also known as politicians logic.

Nice to see you can conduct a conversation without making it personal <_<

Im not, nor have ever claimed to be, any of those things

Ah, not being a politician I didn't know that.

I was replying to you directly which is why I answered the way I did, if I had wanted to make it "personal" I would have called you by name!

Reading your posts and your replies to everyone you would have us all believe that you are.

It's not splitting hairs as it changes the whole complexion of our game. When we play two out and out strikers on the shoulder of defenders we are immediately in a position to cause problems. With the isolated lone striker we have rarely threatened in three games, If fowler gets the gig after that shambles yesterday I will be extremely disappointed with the board. If they want someone who fits the team rather than other way round then avoid fowler has he has already switched us into a very negative side.

Save your time, some folk just don't seem to understand.

I can't understand why some want the Managerial candidates named. Surely in any business job applications are submitted in confidence. If the applicant wants to make it public that's up to them but the club is right not to make names public. Once the successful applicant is named he/she will be told, the unsuccessful applicants will be advised of the decision, thanked, in confidence, for applying, and then the press and fans will be informed. That's how it should be done. Should we appoint an experienced Manager? Experienced Managers tend to cost more money and experience doesn't always guarantee success, although it obviously helps. An experienced Manager may also want to bring in his own assistant/backroom staff which could bring further financial costs. He/She may not want to work with existing coaches, etc. This has all to be taken into consideration by the Board when reaching a decision. Should James Fowler get the job? Financially, probably the best option for the Club, and the players appear to be behind him, although when we have more players fit and he has to drop some of them, this may change. It may also be the ideal time to "bed in" an inexperienced man considering that we realistically aren't expected to challenge for the top three places and should be strong enough over the season to avoid the bottom three spots. Basically the fans have no input in whatever the Board decides we will have to accept that decision and keep behind the team. Fowler has done well enough in his short time in charge, yesterday's performance could have happened under anyone, so he shouldn't be ruled out on that alone.

Agreed.

Fowler should get the role for the season and re assess then.

Anyone any idea when our injured players will be back. Surprised Paton has been out so long. At the time seemed like he twinged his hamstring but didn't look in that much pain so surprised he has missed over 2 months considering that is usually the worse case scenario for a hamstring pull. What was up with Carmichael? Would like to see Kev the American more as hes our best passer and has showed up really well in his last few sub appearances. Fowler not doing it for me as a player
Paton hopefully will up his training this week maybe back for the Raith game.

Carmichael has a tight hamstring hopefully okay for the Hearts game.

Burns should be back in a month or so had his op.

McKenna has started light training it will be into November when he is back.

Mitchell has had his op it will be well into the new year when he is back.

Personally I will be surprised if Fowler gets the job.

He has been a good acquisition as player coach but I favour Billy Reid or Danny Lennon. Butcher's managerial career has either been very good or extremely poor. He obviously had a horrendous time at Hibs where the players and fans were utterly bemused by his tactics and motivation but he has bounced back before and he has a habit of signing decent players from England.

Billy Reid did a fantastic job at Accies and I am surprised that no other Scottish club has taken him on.

Whoever it is we have good attacking options when all fit so please let's play a progressive attacking style of football and press the ball high up the pitch. We are a fit side and have some good athletes like Gav who can really press the opposing back four but NOT if he us up there on his own.

I will also be interested to see if next Manager sees Ian Russell as a left midfielder? If he does then I will admit defeat and gracefully accept that it is me who has been wrong all this time!!!!!