The Queen of the South thread

Of course, it was always going to be about rebuilding a team. I am not the most patient person in the world, I admit, but I have got me season ticket and am going to try really hard to be a good supporter. ( ahem!)

I am instructing my mates to bring the duct tape and straitjacket and if I start being a negative-numptie, then they can spring into action. After three great seasons, I'll settle for being out of the relegation scrap this time. Big test for the manager coming up. We've got to give him and the players time to gel.

Yes, you have to get well down the out list to find a departure you're not too fussy about.I'm trying to keep spirits up though by recalling that Holt apart, all of the players were inconsistent at times and even during the good season just ended, each went through fairly poor spells.We're bound to be weaker though, unless Fowler really has done some masterful job of unearthing unheralded gems. Again though, there's something exciting, as well as scary, about entering the season with so many unfamiliar faces.

A lot of teams are in the same boat, especially Livvy and Dumbarton even raith to a certain extent. You need a bit of luck as well as you won't get every signing right. For you guys though you've had a pretty settled squad since Johnstone was there - first real test of fowlers management skills

Guest Flash

Squad that started last season compared to now

Kerr => Millar

Baird => A Smith

Dzierzawski=> Tapping

Mitchell=> Hooper

Clark=> Thomson

Paton=> Pickard

Carmichael => Hilson

Holt => Rutherford

Reilly => Higgins

Durnan => Brownlie

McShane=> Conroy

McKenna=> Jacobs

Slattery=> Marshall

Had another go. Have left Skelton out as an emergency only addition. Some of the above might not be like for like and I've included promotions from the U 20s.

Forgot about mitchell too! Definitely room for another addition . Big turnover and it will be exciting to see how we get on either way. Real test of fowler now with nearly a whole new team of his but i think we will be ok. Livi ,raith and st mirren having a bit of a clear out too,will be interesting to see what team settles the quickest.

Watched game yesterday. Tapping & Conroy both looked really good. Team were quick on the break , couple of very good goals from boy on left & Conroy. Think you's will be challenging for play offs

Watched game yesterday. Tapping & Conroy both looked really good. Team were quick on the break , couple of very good goals from boy on left & Conroy. Think you's will be challenging for play offs

Any idea as to who the guy is who scored the 2nd goal?

Scorers were Lyle, Trialist and conroy according to official site. We used 23 players not including Beany and Hilson so room for a few trialists in that number.

Would have thought he'd be on a better wage than queens could afford.

His current wage is £0 (or whatever you get being on the dole), so it would really depend on his other offers.

He's currently training with St Johnstone, and someone on their thread says we, along with Falkirk, have offered him terms.

You have all missed Salim Kouider-Aissa from the departure lists too.

Easily done, bit of a strange one this though don't you think? Correct me if I'm wrong but think he was signed end of August on an apprenticeship yet was loaned out to Shotts early October until end December, can't remember him getting game time for the first team and not sure if he made the bench or not and in the end he couldn't get a start for the 20's.

Talking about strikers, I heard there was a young lad [17] from the central belt who had a couple of trial games for the 20's at the end of last season and looked really good, then heard he was training with first team. He looked one for the future, wonder what happened with him?