The General Ross County Chat Thread

I had no memory of Derek Adams scoring three hat-tricks against Montrose in a calendar year. For those interested, since 1994 we have scored 38 hat-tricks. Liam Boyce scored five of those, Adams four, Neil Tarrant/Billy McKay/David Winters did it three times. Boyce/Garry Wood (of the blonde variety) and Brian Graham each scored four in a game for us. 

Some pointless trivia for your Thursday afternoon. 

2 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

I had no memory of Derek Adams scoring three hat-tricks against Montrose in a calendar year. For those interested, since 1994 we have scored 38 hat-tricks. Liam Boyce scored five of those, Adams four, Neil Tarrant/Billy McKay/David Winters did it three times. Boyce/Garry Wood (of the blonde variety) and Brian Graham each scored four in a game for us. 

Did they not win one of those Montrose games something like 8-1?

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Did they not win one of those Montrose games something like 8-1?

Aye, late nineties. I want to say 1997 or 1998.

I am pretty sure Ferg and Billy Ferries scored. The others are a blur.

4 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

I was at one of David Winters hat-tricks against Raith at Starks Park, can't remember when it was but we won 7-1. One of my favourite games watching County. Want to say around mid 2000's.

1 hour ago, central staggie said:

I was at one of David Winters hat-tricks against Raith at Starks Park, can't remember when it was but we won 7-1. One of my favourite games watching County. Want to say around mid 2000's.

That was class. Think it was 2003.

If my memory isn't tricking me, I'd spent the night before outside Morrisons (or maybe it was Safeway at the time) on King Street in Aberdeen  queuing for tickets to the Netherlands play-off game for Euro 2004. 

I fell asleep on the train back and got woken up by the conductor saying we were in Inverness! She was taking the piss, though. We'd just arrived at Dyce and were heading back to Aberdeen again anyway.

Pretty sure I might've written a match report for this site after that game, actually. Hopefully Div's set fire to it because it'll have been bloody awful.

7 hours ago, central staggie said:

David Winters, nice guy, alright footballer. Not the brightest ;)

2 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Me and my dad took a friend's young son along to that one, his first ever football match! Talk about setting expectations... 😂

All downhill after that, if you look at the current mess however I remember the St Cuthbert's Scudding, the Forfar 4-0 and getting into the SPFL. If you had said prior to these amazing occasions that County would be a premiership side for quite a considerable time you would have been sectioned straight to the Craig!!! 

Bear this in mind when we castigate the current poop mess.

5 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

All downhill after that, if you look at the current mess however I remember the St Cuthbert's Scudding, the Forfar 4-0 and getting into the SPFL. If you had said prior to these amazing occasions that County would be a premiership side for quite a considerable time you would have been sectioned straight to the Craig!!! 

Bear this in mind when we castigate the current poop mess.

Too much negativity, team more than good enough to ease the play offs.

Just have to have good 1st leg in away match. BELIEVE...

6 hours ago, Sonam said:

Too much negativity, team more than good enough to ease the play offs.

Just have to have good 1st leg in away match. BELIEVE...

If you can ease the play off then go for it. We’d be happy to stay 10th and let you do what we might not manage. Everyone is happy.

57 minutes ago, andrewh said:

If you can ease the play off then go for it. We’d be happy to stay 10th and let you do what we might not manage. Everyone is happy.

The thing is, Saints have a decent very experienced manager (who I highly rate anyway), poor up front, but solid enough at back. Decent enough midfield.

County rookie manager (who I think should be given a chance, even if relegated...), County poor defensively, but we have Dhanda (Sheer quality) Simon Murray (runs his socks off each & every game). Just don't know what's up with White this season, usually gets fair few sprees of goals. Not this season.

Both teams should breeze the play offs.

4 minutes ago, Sonam said:

The thing is, Saints have a decent very experienced manager (who I highly rate anyway), poor up front, but solid enough at back. Decent enough midfield.

County rookie manager (who I think should be given a chance, even if relegated...), County poor defensively, but we have Dhanda (Sheer quality) Simon Murray (runs his socks off each & every game). Just don't know what's up with White this season, usually gets fair few sprees of goals. Not this season.

Both teams should breeze the play offs.

Hope you’re right about the play offs. We have a bit more up front now so hopefully we’ll be ok. Then the rebuild begins as we clear out most of what’s left of davidson’s disastrous signing policy.

Has to be said too, Play off victory as good if not better than a cup final win. Was at Hampden in our glorious day against the Hibbies.

If it's us vs the play off semi winners there will be goals. We cannot defend, but White, Murray and Brophy (if fit) should be a step above second tier defenders. However, we will concede multiple goals as well. St. Johnnstone i'd fancy them to niggle it 1-0 over two legs. It's what Craig Levein would want.

Edited by Comrie

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

If it's us vs the play off semi winners there will be goal. We cannot defend, but White, Murray and Brophy (if it) should be a step above second tier defenders. However, we will concede multiple goals as well. St. Johnnstone i'd fancy them to niggle it 1-0 over two legs. It's what Craig Levein would want.

Yeah, for all the neutrals who want heaps of goals and entertainment, County bound to deliver! 

For those that want a borefest 0-0, or 1-0 aggregate victory then Saints will surely deliver! Nae offence Saint fans ;)

I'm sure for Saints it will be different next season though.

6 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Kyle Turner hooked at half time today for Raith, not exactly setting the heather alight in Kirkcaldy, is he.

Give him time...