The General Ross County Chat Thread

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Amazing result, the team feels like it is trending upwards. Even if they do finish 11th in the end, the side is in a lot less of a mess than it was this time last year. Credit to Cowie for stabilising  things. 

Between the first half at Pittodrie and today, I think Cowie has a blueprint for our best forward combination (Murray, supported by Dhanda and Sims). One size doesn’t fit all, of course, but the team looks better going forward with them than in any other recent combo.

Harmon has a knack of turning up in random positions to get a goal, today’s reminded me of that win at Hibs a couple of Novembers ago. His distribution is sometimes erratic but in a back five his goals are crucial.

I was a bit worried the team lacked physicality, height, a Johnston Bellshaw or Scott Lemmon type player. 

Happy to be proved wrong. Cowie looking good!!

Also agree with off the ball guys. If Rangers or Celtic had spent money on Shankland or even Miovski, league win guaranteed.

They didn't, nice stuff Hearts & Dons :)

Clever stuff!

Finally.

Was wondering if we would beat them in my lifetime. We've played some poor Rangers teams over the years and not laid a glove on them. Yesterday was very unexpected but glorious. 

26 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Who are we playing next? Or is that it for the split?

They won't put the fixtures out until after the Dundee Rangers game, so probably not until Thursday morning unless someone at the SPFL is particularly on the ball at 10pm Wednesday

28 minutes ago, forkboy said:

They won't put the fixtures out until after the Dundee Rangers game, so probably not until Thursday morning unless someone at the SPFL is particularly on the ball at 10pm Wednesday

Bold to think anyone at the SPFL will be on the ball enough to post them on Thurs morning.....

I believe we have to play Hibernian, Aberdeen and Motherwell at home, with St Johnstone and Livingston away. 

On the face of it, those 5 fixtures are probably the best we could’ve hoped for. I’d fancy us to beat any of the rest of the bottom 6 in Dingwall, St Johnstone haven’t won in Perth in 2024 and hopefully we play Livingston once they’ve downed tools. I’d maybe like to play Aberdeen early on - so that we know if we beat them they are right back in it and the pants start getting shat again. 

Home to Aberdeen, then home to Motherwell, away to Livi, Home to Hibs and then away to Saintees would be ideal for our five.  Hibs and Livi hopefully downed tools by that point.

25 minutes ago, silver said:

SJ away on the last day of the season. A big travelling support and what a game that could be.

St. Johnstone have always liked sticking the knife into us. I would want to avoid them away on the last day if possible.

16 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

If we play Livingston last and they are already down, I reckon Martindale could be easily bought. 

Bribed with a Staggie Pie you mean? Or, if he plays hardball, a Wimpy Big 'n Mighty...?

EDIT: I know I'd buckle for less...

Edited by Lanky Highlander

9 minutes ago, Comrie said:

St. Johnstone have always liked sticking the knife into us. I would want to avoid them away on the last day if possible.

Definitely!!!

Would’ve personally rathered Aberdeen first at home to potentially reel them in a bit more and a more than likely already relegated Livi away last. But it is what it is. Three home games is a bonus what with the record County have under Cowie.

Edited by Staggie_93

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

That Livingston game now becomes huge.  

Aye. You win that and we lose at home to Hibs, and suddenly we're behind you with our only remaining home game against you.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. You win that and we lose at home to Hibs, and suddenly we're behind you with our only remaining home game against you.

I hate this time of the season.  You have to say the split has been a fantastic success, but it’s not enjoyable at all. 

Edited by Savage Henry