The General Ross County Chat Thread

It's certainly looking that way at the moment. I'm definitely going to try and make it up for one of Hearts' away games this season.

Likewise me but following St Johnstone.

Despite all that nonsense over a certain player, I'm not boycotting one of my favourite away grounds.

Likewise me but following St Johnstone.

Despite all that nonsense over a certain player, I'm not boycotting one of my favourite away grounds.

It's alright, all is forgiven, we can go back to being, if not pals then at least "not adversaries".

Aye, I still haven't fully gotten over the loss of the terracing, & it's been a full season now :( I'm going to be an auld fuddy moaning about the good old days before I'm 30...

Yep, same "temporary" style seating as The Jailend, North Stand, East Stand Extension (Nr.1) and both ends of your ground.

Obviously it looks better as part of the stand now but why did RC bother with the wee tent stand thing in the first place?

Obviously it looks better as part of the stand now but why did RC bother with the wee tent stand thing in the first place?

Combination of a few things, one of them being that we actually lost some seating whenever we had a televised game, so we had to be able to make up the numbers somewhere else. Just didn't have the time to get any more done last summer.

I see in some of Derek's recent interviews he's claiming that we might bring in some more players (plural). Before we signed Saunders, he had said we'd probably sign only two more. Now that his tunes changed, I'm assuming they've found a few decent prospects (maybe this Greek striker?) or is the money just sitting there waiting for someone extra-special?

I see in some of Derek's recent interviews he's claiming that we might bring in some more players (plural). Before we signed Saunders, he had said we'd probably sign only two more. Now that his tunes changed, I'm assuming they've found a few decent prospects (maybe this Greek striker?) or is the money just sitting there waiting for someone extra-special?

Do you still believe anything he says? I admire your faith.

Would be bizarre if we signed McLean considering we're still probably one short up front but if there's wages free for another defender then fair enough. Kovacevic, Micic, Munro, Boyd, Saunders, McLean would all fighting for 3 spots as I imagine Gordon will make left-back his own. Although I did see Del say that Saunders can play at right midfield but I doubt that will happen.

So we could have

2 Keepers

Brown

Fraser

7 Defenders

Kovacevic

Gordon

Munro

Boyd

Micic

Saunders

McLean

10 Midfielders

Kettlewell

Quinn

Brittain

Cooper

Klok

De Leeuw (MF/WF)

Maatsen (MF/WF)

Sproule (MF/WF)

Ross (MF/WF)

Porritt

2 Strikers

Glen

Lukassen

It looks a little lopsided because all of De Leeuw, Maatsen, Sproule and Ross can play more of a wide-forward role, but we do only have 2 strikers, and Gary Glen isn't exactly the most direct. Seems a bit odd to be adding at the back, but hopefully we're looking at some more firepower too. If not, you may see the likes of Stevie Ross etc. played out of position up front more often again.

Edit: Has anyone checked the squad numbers yet by the way? Wikipedia (yes I know), seems to think Brittain is Nr. 8 now. That would mean both the Nr. 9 and Nr. 10 shirts are still sitting spare...

It also highlights that we haven't allocated anyone Wohlfarth's Nr. 15 shirt yet...

Edit again: In fact, I'm definitely looking into squad numbers too much. The other unallocated numbers as far as I can see are 13 (was Hainault), 17 (was Morrow) and 23 (was Macphee). We seem to have filled in some of the higher up numbers instead of allocating these, but then, after McMenamin left we didn't re-allocate the Nr. 9 shirt in January last season. So who knows?

Edited by Spain