The General Ross County Chat Thread

Ironically he looks to be spittals replacement , I wonder if he’ll follow in the same mould as in being a poor/meh player for county then going to motherwell and being a standout!

2 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Ironically he looks to be spittals replacement , I wonder if he’ll follow in the same mould as in being a poor/meh player for county then going to motherwell and being a standout!

Who actually did that?   Not Harry Paton, surely?

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

County seem to always on the look out for a central midfielder.  It reminds me of the left back decades.  

Does Filip Kiss still have a year left in him?

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I thought he was massively underrated with us.  And I also think Hearts is a step too far.  

When he came back from his loan he had a wee purple patch but in my opinion before his loan he was pretty anonymous , agree hearts being a step too far, as for Yann at hearts I think he’ll be a quality operator for them

Edited by Rcfc fan

Spittal was one of our best players when he left for Motherwell, of that I have no doubt.

Callachan going to any other premiership club is a surprise, SK obviously sees another Theo Blair opportunity. I wasn't his biggest fan so I'm not too disappointed.

I recall being happy we had signed Callachan (Malky signing?) since he was a standout at Accies. But other than a goal v Aberdeen and a ridiculous red card tackle v SJ? Nothing else, not sure why we offered a new contract. Horrible injury which we have correctly supported him with to his full recovery.

In saying that he will undoubtedly find form under Ketts and score several times against us.

2 hours ago, StuartTaylor said:

I recall being happy we had signed Callachan (Malky signing?) since he was a standout at Accies. But other than a goal v Aberdeen and a ridiculous red card tackle v SJ? Nothing else, not sure why we offered a new contract. Horrible injury which we have correctly supported him with to his full recovery.

In saying that he will undoubtedly find form under Ketts and score several times against us.

Think the red card was against us, when he nearly killed Ryan Alebiosu. 

Footballing ability aside (or lack of it), it shows the mark of the man after a club stands by you at the darkest moment of your career no doubt, yet you f**k them off at the first opportunity.

Bang average player with a decent engine and an aggression problem. Won’t be missed.

Just now, Matty-RCFC said:

Footballing ability aside (or lack of it), it shows the mark of the man after a club stands by you at the darkest moment of your career no doubt, yet you f**k them off at the first opportunity.

Bang average player with a decent engine and an aggression problem. Won’t be missed.

I suspect it was a “mutual” thing.  He was talking at the end of last season about how much he loved it up here.  The club only seemed to offer a short term deal, and Motherwell offered him - incredibly - a second year option.  

I didn't mind him but I'm not that bothered he's away. Our fans had too high expectations for him because of the goals he scored the season before he joined but we rarely played him in the same position that he played at Hamilton.

Seems odd to announce a new 1 year deal for Max Sheaf when he was already under contract?

I'm guessing he joined us for pennies and he's been rewarded with a better deal.

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

Seems odd to announce a new 1 year deal for Max Sheaf when he was already under contract?

I'm guessing he joined us for pennies and he's been rewarded with a better deal.

Or with one which allows for a quick and easy release.  

10 hours ago, staggy4life said:

I suspect that's the case but at least if he doesn't come on to a game it's only a year contract and not a total new extension etc 

Edited by Super Staggie

23 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Nothing against Callachan, I hope he succeeds at Motherwell.  However if they think they are getting a direct replacement for Spittal, then they are mistaken.

Respectfully, the only suggestion that I've seen pointing to Callachan being a replacement for Spittal is the poster further up this page.

I'd guess that we're probably looking at Sam Nicholson and/or Callum Slattery to pick up from Spittal whereas Callachan's been brought in to run around a bit.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Grow Do Something GIF by AionCommunity

You're about to announce Simon Murray to Dundee apparently.