The General Ross County Chat Thread

I've been busy the last few weeks so haven't been able to post much on here lately, so I'm not going to bother to wade through the other threads But I would generally agree with the above. The back 4 in front of Brown on Saturday needs to be Kova, Boyd, Munro & Gordon. And it's surely time we finally deploy Klok in front of the defence. Let Quinn do the left hand side, he's done that job for us before in a solid narrow fashion.

Brown

Kovavecic Boyd Munro Gordon

Klok

Sproule Brittain Kettlewell Quinn

Luckassen

From what I've seen, Gordon's positioning is dreadful. He needs Munro beside him to bark orders at him. Boyd can be seen doing this to Kova at times too. It's too much to ask either of them to bark orders at all 3 other defenders the entire time. (Aye, just the 3 other defenders, playing 5 at the back can f**k right off).

Edited by Spain

The Caledonian is a decent bar but it is very small, but if you got in early enough it is a cracking wee pub for just before the football. The County Tavern isn't really worth going unless you want to spot a Troglodyte or two.

The Mallard is the only decentish big pub. Although it is decent by default. The main issues with it before was lack of service but it is adequately staffed on match days now. However they put new booths in and have a pool table in now, so it isn't the most optimum spacing for the pub. Due to work on the platform you can't extend onto the platform as before.

On phone so can't post link, but after sayin he would bin those who weren't performing, takin advantage of the available funds for new players, Adams in press sayin happy with squad and just needing time for everyone to settle. Says they are all good players and the right type for the club. No real surprises there, but thought I'd spread the word :)

He also says he expects a good performance on Sat, and is lookin for wins from the next 3 games (St Mirren, Stranraer, Hibs). Finally says there is still money and scope to add to the squad where it's an improvement. So no-one should rest on their laurels basically!

The Mallard is the only decentish big pub. Although it is decent by default. The main issues with it before was lack of service but it is adequately staffed on match days now. However they put new booths in and have a pool table in now, so it isn't the most optimum spacing for the pub. Due to work on the platform you can't extend onto the platform as before.

Just an FYI, the boards on the platform at the Mallard have been removed this week so space should be back, although some barriers still remain on the platform.

The Caledonian is a decent bar but it is very small, but if you got in early enough it is a cracking wee pub for just before the football. The County Tavern isn't really worth going unless you want to spot a Troglodyte or two.

Cheers, an other question I forgot to ask, does the car park get full early? I know it closes at 2-30 so was wondering if there was any problem getting parked just before then, since I may stop somewhere else for a pint. Reason is my wife will be with me and due to health reason she cant walk far so we really need to park at the ground. Oh, and what is a Troglodyte ? :unsure2:

i expect there will be a few spaces left in the car park. There seemed to be when Partick Thistle were here a fortnight ago. By 2.30pm I expect the only free parking easily found will be at Tesco or maybe Lidl. About 10 minutes walk from there for persons of average fitness.

Weather a few degrees cooler than today, at 18 degrees; cloudy with occasional showers on an Easterly wind. Humidity 72%.

Ross County 4 - St Mirren 0.

Pretty sure it'd be Gardyne. Deal was almost done in January until Houston got the dunt. McNamara wanted to keep a hold of him to see what his squad were capable of but he's completely frozen out at the moment.

Cheers for all the advice about parking. Ended up parking in the High St across from the RBS and having a beer in the hotel that is facing the bank. I could have done with a few more at full time after watching that gross, but fair to say I made up for it later in Pitlochry where we were staying the night. 3 trips I have had to Dingwall, with 3 humping., Doubt I will be back a 4th time :lol:

Cheers for all the advice about parking. Ended up parking in the High St across from the RBS and having a beer in the hotel that is facing the bank. I could have done with a few more at full time after watching that gross, but fair to say I made up for it later in Pitlochry where we were staying the night. 3 trips I have had to Dingwall, with 3 humping., Doubt I will be back a 4th time :lol:

With that sort of luck I'm sure you'll always be made to feel welcome in Dingwall!

TJE on twitter says it could be Dylan McGeouch from Celtic.

I don't see the point. With Sproule and Maatsen covering the right flank (and supposedly Steven Ross too, but Adams clearly sees him as a centre-forward), there would be too many players on that side. McGeouch can play wing-back, but so can Saunders and - arguably - Kovacevic.