The General Ross County Chat Thread

I thought they ditched the rule, but don't hold me on that one.

I think now that we've got De Leeuw, Carey, Sproule & Maatsen we're less likely to see Cooper than we are to see Glen. Glen is still 3rd/4th in line for the CF role behind Luckassen and Mustafi.

What I think will happen is that Cooper may go on loan for the entire season, and Glen may be farmed out to the Championship until January when Mustafi's deal is done. IMO, a stint in the Championship for Glen would do him a world of good. He's not cut out for the Premiership at the moment and just isn't going to get the game-time to help him. (Whether he'll ever be up to that standard is a whole other question).

If you read the 4th line from this Daily Record article (yes, I know it's the Daily Record)

Michael Gannon: Scottish football has lost its sense of humour

THE new SPFL rule book makes War and Peace look like the Woman’s Weekly so it’s easy to miss a couple of the sub-sections.

Everyone got so tangled up in how many trialists can be fielded and what the heck to do in the next insolvency event, we must have missed one important commandment.

There shall be no fun in the Premiership.

It’s an easy one to miss and wasn’t the only one. After all, just about everyone failed to spot the abolishment of the Under-21 rule and stuck a couple of kids on the bench at the weekend out of habit.

Isn't it Thursdays that the team train in Alness? For some odd reason, I've just seen a car with Queen of the South logo's on it's doors driving around in Alness... I'll suggest again, loan deal for someone?

Isn't it Thursdays that the team train in Alness? For some odd reason, I've just seen a car with Queen of the South logo's on it's doors driving around in Alness... I'll suggest again, loan deal for someone?

That's Jim Thompson apparently, I asked a question a while back on Twitter (around the time Barry Wilson was touted for the QoS job) and he has a loft insulation company that does a fair bit of work up here, he often kips over in the Comm.

I believe there are some changes with the bars this season, Don Lawson (Johnny Foxes) who was doing the Victoria Suite corporate hospitality (and Ross Suite?) is now doing the rest of the bars too. Not sure how this will affect the Hamilton lounge, will find out tomorrow. Hope they go back to doing bar-lunches before the games though, last season was just pies. The problem is if it gets rammed its not feasible doing plated meals, but I hear there will be a limit on numbers admitted.

All rumours, will find out tomorrow!

I'm not a big fan of Foxes or The Den as pubs, but they do have an excellent range of lagers on tap and Lawson certainly knows how to pull in the punters. Hopefully one or two of their fancier lagers can make their way to the Hamilton Lounge. I think all they have in the lounge at present is Best and Foster's?

They need an improved tv reception the Hamilton Lounge as well, the current picture reminds me of the early days of Channel 5!

Despite being Emerald Inns Catering (that's the name of Don Lawson's catering side of things) in the Victoria Suite last season and this season, the lager/ale supply has changed. They've changed from Foster's to Tennents, and I think they've changed from Best but I can't mind what they changed to. (I was on Tennents at the Man Utd. game). They are serving proper Guinness now though, which I don't think they were doing before. Victoria Suite has been given a facelift too, but not sure about the other lounges.

Also, I have enjoyed the perks of Foxes/The Den on many an occasion. :ph34r:

That's Jim Thompson's car he is up quite often doing confined space training for sureclean, the man is a top guy has a lot of time for people

Stadium and pitch brilliant yesterday.

Hamilton lounge indeed is being run by Emerald Inns, they had no food at all yesterday but they plan to do so.

Guy at the door with clicker and numbers restricted to 60 apparently, but seemed more than that yesterday.

No access to the ground from the stairs at the back anymore, you have to go back outside and through the turnstiles.

Quite a few players and wags were in after the game, but maybe because the King of Scotland was being entertained in the usual players lounge? Or was he in the Victoria suite?

Lots of new stuff in the club shop too.

Guy at the door with clicker and numbers restricted to 60 apparently, but seemed more than that yesterday.

No access to the ground from the stairs at the back anymore, you have to go back outside and through the turnstiles.

We had a heck of a job getting in - told as well about the 60 capacity but when we did get in there must have been 75/80 people there. And i counted 10 people leaving via the back door in the 15mins I was there.

I appreciate there are rules and all that, but the club have stick to them instead of being rude to waiting punters, many of whom are long standing supporters who use the bar week in week out.

Edit to add - hope they bring back a better menu too - as you say, it was only pies last season, but they had a good choice a few seasons ago

Edited by dazwesty89

I don't have the P&J in front of me any more, but the impression I took from it:

1) There will be a few changes made

2) The more experienced players who played a part in the goals will have no complaints about missing out - could Munro be dropped?

3) Melvin will probably start on Saturday

4) With Luckassen's thigh strain, Adams "was forced into" playing Mustafi despite not being match fit. That's an indictment on Glen and Ross.

With Sproule, Brittain, Boyd, Luckassen and de Leeuw to come in, I wouldn't be surprised to see five changes against St Johnstone.

I think Adams needs to find space for both Melvin de Leeuw and Graham Carey in his team.

I thought the press (P&J and Record) went easy on Adams, considering how disastrous the performance was from the start.

Edited by bunglebonce

Hopefully Boyd will take the place of Bombscare Brian at the back, and maybe Munro will dropped for Micic/Saunders? Assuming we play a back 4...

I was suprised Micic was the defender taken off at half time on Saturday, didn't seem to do a lot wrong compared to the rest, who were all pretty abysmal.

I'd like to see us line up..

Brown

Kova-Boyd-Micic/Saunders-Gordon

Klok

Sproule-Brittain-Quinn-De Leuuw/Carey

Luckassen

As mentioned previously, Adams will probably try and fit De Leuuw and Carey in..

With Sproule, Brittain, Boyd, Luckassen and de Leeuw to come in, I wouldn't be surprised to see five changes against St Johnstone.

I think Adams needs to find space for both Melvin de Leeuw and Graham Carey in his team.

I wasn't expecting six changes! Swapping Kovacevic with Saunders was probably a step too far, but only part of the bigger problem.

What does the manager do from here? What are the biggest issues that he has to deal with just now?

I think there are at least three main areas that need to be addressed:

• Increasing the confidence among the squad, which must be close to being as low as it was when Jimmy Calderwood took charge.
  • Getting some fight - and physical strength - back into the team. I think having two wingers is a luxury County can't afford at the moment. In my quote above, I said that involving Carey and de Leeuw was a priority, but having them and Sproule asks a lot of the other two midfielders.
  • Getting some shape back to the defence and midfield.

The obvious solution would be to try to revert back to the back four from last year as much as possible. What does this do to the confidence of Munro and Kovacevic, though?

I think County have to be very compact against St Mirren on Saturday, because they have the ability to cause problems in the same way that the other teams did. Looking beyond that, I think they're just going to have to 'shitfest' some of the away fixtures, until the squad have something to get confidence from again.

Edited by bunglebonce