The General Ross County Chat Thread

I don't really understand the Dow signing at all.  Burke, however, makes a great deal of sense.  Franks, Gardyne and Burke competing for the two wide spots is a pretty good competition.

Dingwall's not going to make it at Ross County.

Is there talk of him going out on loan? Was linked with us in summer and personally still think we could do with a left winger

Just now, NM_1919 said:

Is there talk of him going out on loan? Was linked with us in summer and personally still think we could do with a left winger

He's not really a winger.  He can play there, but part of the problem is he's never really settled into a position.  He should have gone out on loan three years ago.

41 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

I think it is reasonably likely to happen.  An "emergency" loan can happen to a lower league club for up to 93 days, which would take us to the new registration window.

Tony will think his best position is as a number 10 in a 4-4-1-1, but he hasn't had that opportunity in the first team.  Given he isn't particularly quick then if he has to play on the wing I think it should be on the left, so that he can drift in and link with the forwards. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder how far Burke wages have dropped, considering he was on £12k a week last season...

Not sure why you are asking. You're the one who claims to know about players wages so why don't you explain the workings of this contract to us?

Edited by frankthetank22

Do any of you lot worry that you'll do a Gretna when Uncle Roy calls it a day? I'd certainly have my concerns but then I'm used to disasters at Dens. Just curious - this isn't a wind up attempt - to see what the thoughts on the future are for County. Is it just a case of enjoy the good times and see what happens? Or has Roy laid down some foundations to ensure you'll be secure even if he gets fed up or can't continue financing you?