The General Ross County Chat Thread

Some chat on Twitter from Scandinavians in their native language about County possibly putting a bid in for Thomas Mikkelson, the target man who was on loan at Dundee United for the second half of last season.   He scored seven goals for them, which wasn't too bad considering they had no width whatsoever. 500k in Danish kr almost equates to £50k.

I'm happy with the Lindsay signing, he sounds like a classic McIntyre midfielder.  I'd still like to see someone with a big amount of strength and mental fortitude in the middle and I'd be delighted with Draper signing - he might not be a pretty footballer but he is one of the best in the country at what he is good at.  I wouldn't want the club to spend much if anything over 50k on that though.

McIntyre said three or four signings, Kenny and Lindsay having since joined means that we're probably looking at a striker and another midfielder or winger... hopefully a midfielder and a winger.  There isn't a heck of a lot of creativity in that team beyond Gardyne and Dow and on last season's form they will need reinforcements.  I wonder what GMS is up to this summer.

Edited by bunglebonce

3 hours ago, sophia said:

He was born on the 22nd of October 1988.

I'll help out with the arithmetic and for the purposes of this thread we can place him at twenty eight years of age.

I know not if these are Saudi Arabian years and whether his agricultural approach would find favour.

I'd be sure to tune in to any games versus Aberdeen in the hope that a penalty "won" will once again send Richard Gordon into a rage.

I'm well aware he's 28. How many other Championship sides are selling players at that age for £50k?

8 hours ago, forkboy said:

I'm well aware he's 28. How many other Championship sides are selling players at that age for £50k?

No idea but he is under contract for another two years which would mean a heftier fee than £50,000 would be required to get him though I suspect it was perhaps a bit of a troll from RC. It's fairly gotten some of our support seething.

Mikkelsen seems like the sort of player Curran and Schalk could work if- I haven't seen him play but understand he's a fair size, Brian Graham height or so? Is he a target man or a less physical big man?

Lindsay sounds like a good signing. From the reviews on here he seems similar to Irvine (although perhaps more defensively minded?). Certainly a position that needs bodies and if he's an upgrade on Chow then that's terrific.

As far as Mikkelsen is concerned, I don't know anything about him. But since Graham left last summer, we've been whinging (or at least, I have) about bringing in big carthorse of a forward. Boyce is irreplaceable so a bit of variety up front is welcome.

24 minutes ago, Spain said:

Club confirmed we've signed Mikkelsen on a 2 year deal subject to international clearance. He's in La Manga already.

Alrighty,  I have to say I'm meh to the max regarding the signings so far, but at least County have signed players that Dundee United and Morton fans are sorry to lose.  I'm firmly in the pro-Graham camp, so let's see how this foreign version goes.

23 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Now we need someone to put the service in for him. 

Ain't that the truth.  II'm guessing this puts to bed the talk of that not seemingly very good ex-Spurs guy.  

I wouldn't say that for sure, there was chat of him being better out wide than up top, so you never know.

My shopping list is still:

• A replacement for McEveley (and to get rid of McEveley)... Meekings was mooted.
  • Jim O'Brien, Draper or another central midfielder (and Woods to definitely be gone)
  • A winger or two

If McEveley goes - and I haven't seen any indication of that anywhere - I don't think he needs replaced.  Van der Weg can play centre-back proficiently, certainly in a back three, as can Fraser and Naismith.  Kelly can too and has been described as such - I know there have been doubts about that but he played at CB in in his last appearance in Dingwall when St Mirren were under the cosh but still won.

33 minutes ago, Spain said:

I wouldn't say that for sure, there was chat of him being better out wide than up top, so you never know.

My shopping list is still:

• A replacement for McEveley (and to get rid of McEveley)... Meekings was mooted.
  • Jim O'Brien, Draper or another central midfielder (and Woods to definitely be gone)
  • A winger or two

I'm guessing that McEveley being in La Manga (although that could be just Robert Kennedy) and Woods apparently nowhere to be seen, suggests Big Jay is going nowhere.  

Happy enough with the Mikkelsen signing.  He will offer something entirely different to Curran and Schalk.  As others have highlighted, the priority now is finding some creative midfielders/wingers. 

Worth reminding everyone Graham was allowed to go to Hibs on the basis that Morrison was going to be used more. Only a poorly timed injury prevented it from happening. Expect to see a lot more of him this year.