The General Ross County Chat Thread

This is a guy who cigared his way through most games in the last few years, including against County on countless occasions, and has played in Europe.  300k minimum IMO.  But that's pocket change to Global Energy, so cough up lads.

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Where has this rumour that we are after Schalk came from? Likely nonsense, as we don't tend to make our transfer business even develop into rumours these days but TheScarf posted that it's the 'talk' up that end? Has he fell out of favour? Or a Caley fan talking rubbish?

Seems to me like an attempt at escapism from the reality of signing Joe Chalmers on a two year deal.

Spoiler

:lol:

14 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

It's good innit.  Enjoy the Champ, see you down there in a year.

Nah, I think you lot have enough about you to avoid it.

You're right enough Scarf, but the most interesting chat around the club just now is about potentially signing Ross Draper, and we've had a couple of ICT fans on here keen to have their say, so its obviously going to dominate the last week's chat.

Hope you're right that we'll have enough about us to avoid relegation.  
Assuming our midfield stays the same (I'm praying JOB comes back), for us to be safe we'll need Schalk to stop fluffing so many one-on-ones and Mickelsen to be better than expected.  

We'll see.

57824feb8014a95fabb7a1ac88423bca6cedf3f5

34 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's signed for St Mirren. What are we getting lads? 

He'll sit deep in the midfield, pass the ball sideways and get caught in possession as he's too predictable.

He also played at right back for the U20's but he looked really poor there when I saw him, enjoy!

He's the only player to score a free-kick in a competitive game in the near-three years that McIntyre has been in charge, and he's scored two of them.  

He is a tidy deep-lying playmaker, who tried to add more box-to-box to his game but it's not really his thing.  He's too lightweight for what is becoming more and more a league full of monster-sized midfielders.  A good Championship level midfielder IMO who can still make the step up with a bit more experience.

2 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

What a waste.

McIntyre's transfer policy in a nutshell.

Edited by bunglebonce