The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Sportsound still saying you should have kept McIntyre and ‘doddsy’

Get that well and truly in the bin. Fair play to McIntyre for winning the cup, but he did f**k all in the league.

I know it was time but Kettlewell was exceptional in his post match interview, for someone to stand an answer questions immediately after losing his job must be incredibly hard. 
Anyone losing their job a week before Christmas would be entitled to a bit of anger but he came across as a really nice guy with a genuine love for the club.

19 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I know it was time but Kettlewell was exceptional in his post match interview, for someone to stand an answer questions immediately after losing his job must be incredibly hard. 
Anyone losing their job a week before Christmas would be entitled to a bit of anger but he came across as a really nice guy with a genuine love for the club.

Ketts is a good dude.

All of us wanted him to be a legend as a manager...but results have been shite.

None of us wanted it to end this way, not one person. I sat here for weeks calling him for to be sacked hoping and praying he could prove us wrong but ultimately in a results driven business he had to go.

The way the club are speaking (i.e the tweet) it seems as if he’s going to be “supported” by the club in the weeks ahead. Does that mean he’ll be sticking around? Reserves coach wouldn’t be the worst shout considering the job he did with them first time round.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

From what I understand this is true.   Kettlewell is a good bloke on that level.  He’s not a good manager, however.

If the answer to whatever question is being asked is anything other than Tommy Wright, I’d be astonished.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

So Kettlewell was sacked then shoved out to do media questions? Makes some of our laughable off field actions on recent years look normal.

"More than a football club" indeed...

I doubt anyone would have forced him to do that interview. Seemed to me like something he chose to do, to front it up, as he put it. He could easily not have done it and no one would have blamed him.