The General Ross County Chat Thread

Is there any betting on which opposition manager Jnr will fall out with first?

I recall last season there was some debate on the long ball or percentage game being employed.

No you don't.

Also seen Gary Miller for the first time yesterday, looks a tidy wee player but didn't seem to get forward much. Is he a defensive full back or will he bomb forward when he's given a chance?

He likes to get forward, but last season he was much more restrained. Which is something nobody thought he could do. Positionally he can get found wanting, so he really needs an exceptionally disciplined right sided midfielder in front of him. Who plays wide right for St Johnstone?

Its interesting to note the shame but I think Jnr should be out and proud with the brand of football he employs.

It cannot be denied that Grant Munro's MO is to boot it as far as possible.

Mr Tokey is a little more refined but has been known to give the ball some air, so I suppose that there will be more of the same this year.

1342719927[/url]' post='6447699']

Roy has earned the right to name the stadium whatever he feels like. It is a no brainer for him to get his company mentioned in the papers every day and most fans will still call it Victoria Park anyway. I doubt any Man City fans are too bothered that they officially attend games at the Etihad Stadium.

The people spitting feathers over this on OTB and the Facebook page need to get a grip.

Glad I don't bother with FB any more, if OTB is anything to go by!

Comfortable 4-1 win away at Elgin today, Bateson and Kovocevic impressed me particularly Bateson. He looked comfortable on the ball, linked up well with Brittain and looked to get forward the whole of the first half.

As for Miller he is more of a wing back style player, and always keep to go on the overlapping run.

I suppose a lot depends on the instructions from the management on whether he was allowed forward or not - also on what he was faced with from the opposition

He likes to get forward, but last season he was much more restrained. Which is something nobody thought he could do. Positionally he can get found wanting, so he really needs an exceptionally disciplined right sided midfielder in front of him. Who plays wide right for St Johnstone?

Aye he seemed to want to get forward but held back, no doubt through instruction. Dave Mackay will be first choice right back anyway.

And last season Chris Millar was the main right winger until Lee Croft came in. So I'd say him but our first 11 and formation is still a mystery to me for this season. Could be 4-5-1 or 4-4-2

Any word of the team/scorers v Fort William?

Hope Rocco's injury at Elgin isn't too badsad.gif

^^^ feeling left out of the loop.

Serves you right for taking a holiday you bum :ph34r:

Be interesting to find out what the hell our stadium is going to be called when Sir Roy exits stage left. Quite like the sound of Victorious Park.

I think the only way Uncle Roy would exit, would be to be replaced by Uncle Ian or Uncle John.

Be interesting to find out what the hell our stadium is going to be called when Sir Roy exits stage left. Quite like the sound of Victorious Park.

It'll be named after whatever the next company is that buts the naming rights. It's a one season contract Global have paid for, but I'll assume they extend it for the foreseeable future.

Hi, long-time lurker and first-time poster, I'm a county fan (obviously) so thought i'd start in here. Went to my first County game in 1998 when I was 10 so i'm not one of these new fans who have come out of the woodwork in the last few months. Looking forward to the new season, never thought I'd see the day we were in the SPL. Made it to the Clach and Coventry preseason games, thought we looked good, impressed with Jimmy and Kovacevic in particular even tho I only saw him for a half. Anyways, hope to contribute here and uphold the fine reputation County fans enjoy everywhere :D

^^ vikingTON

;)

Welcome to the forum, CF. Watch out for the trolls.

-------------

I have just helped launch tellhimhespele.com. It is solely on the SFL, but I wrote an article on Willie McStay at County for it. In the future, I'd quite like to do a piece on County's midfield four and maybe explore Kettlewell's rise through the divisions.

Edited by bunglebonce

^^ vikingTON

;)

-------------

I have just helped launch tellhimhespele.com. It is solely on the SFL, but I wrote an article on Willie McStay at County for it. In the future, I'd quite like to do a piece on County's midfield four and maybe explore Kettlewell's rise through the divisions.

Thanks. I've been lurking long enough to know who most of them are I think. I'm familiar with your rather excellent blog, are there plans to continue it this season?

^^ vikingTON

;)

-------------

Good article BB. Memories come flooding back....!

1343048284[/url]' post='6458193']

-------------

well done with that. How dare you leave out Vigurs thoughohmy.gif