The General Ross County Chat Thread

With regards the Victoria Park, Dingwall Victors bit... there is every possibility the club was the named after the area of land they played on... :ph34r:

What, the Jubilee? The Dingwall Jubilee's conjures up a very different image.

I'll let our unofficial mascot explain it further:

1291609694993.gif

With regards the Victoria Park, Dingwall Victors bit... there is every possibility the club was the named after the area of land they played on... :ph34r:

I don't know for sure, as I wasn't around in 1929, but the press cutting I saw from the time County were formed was that 'a corner of Jubilee Park was to be renamed Victoria Park as a tribute to the Dingwall Victors'

Either way, the fact is Victoria Park is still going to be in the address.

It's not going to make a huge difference, and as you suggested last night it will be a mechanism of getting cash into the club as opposed to a donation. And if the club have managed to upgrade the stadium without going to the bank with the begging bowl - then I think he can call it what ever he likes to be honest!

I'll wait for the dust to settle but I think I'll start a campaign to officially name the South Stand as the Jailend - I wonder if many people will dip into the pockets to raise a few pounds to cover the costs of changing the signs above the gates!

I hate it when people post that. I lose 10 minutes of my life everytime. dry.gif

I like thin that, in an existential sense, you gain it.

MFR Sport - County will sign defenders Bateson and kovacevic.

Good news. I still think we lack cover at left back, but the squad's definitely improved. Impressive signings.

ICT fan in singing Rangers song shocker. :rolleyes:

People in Tulloch houses shouldn't throw stones. ;)

Not the first time that IHE has shown to be of the Rangers pursuasion either.

ETA: Quite happy with those signings of Bateson and Kovacevic. Bateson looked decent enough when I saw him, and despite not seeing Kova yet (well not in action for us, I did see him in the stand at the Clach game), I've heard good things.

Edited by Spain

Not the first time that IHE has shown to be of the Rangers pursuasion either.

ETA: Quite happy with those signings of Bateson and Kovacevic. Bateson looked decent enough when I saw him, and despite not seeing Kova yet (well not in action for us, I did see him in the stand at the Clach game), I've heard good things.

You must be thinking about Sandy Cromarty.

Not made any County pre-season games as I havent been able to head up north since the Trophy presentation sad.gif

Going by the reports, and Bateson's cv, he sounds promising.

I really rated Kovacevic when he was at D Utd, so I'm pleased he sounds like he's signed! Delighted and excited by that one smile.gif Not sure of reasons he left Zadar, he only seemed to play 7 or so times last season... and only 3(?) times for D Utd the season before. I think that was due to injuries but not sure at all about the lack of game time at Zadar. They didn't have a great season nor a strong defense. I do still rate him and as long as he stays fit am excited to see what he can do for us.

That's a decent size squad we'll have put together. Be interesting to see who gets regular games.

I like thin that, in an existential sense, you gain it.

Good news. I still think we lack cover at left back, but the squad's definitely improved. Impressive signings.

I'm sure Kovacevic can play there as well, obviously not a great fit being predominantly a RB and CB, but can do a turn. McPhee seems promising and can also play there. Then there's Vigurs again. All last resorts if Fitz gets injured/suspended, but think it looks ok...

We also have Archie McPhee or Alex Cooper that go into the left back position.

While these two are young players, from what I've seen pre-season they are both decent footballers and may well get their chance this season.

I'd probably say McPhee would be favoured as a replacement for left back, but only because I think Cooper is more of an attacking player than a defending player.

I think the squad is pretty much there now. And it's good to see that it's altogether prior to the trip to Netherlands - hopefully the week away will give the team some good team bonding and they come back ready to go against Motherwell in a couple of weeks time.

Kovacevic is a good signing, a back line consisting of Tokely and Kovacevic is relatively strong and should help your relegation abttle immensely, both good SPL players. Scott Boyd's done well in cup competition against SPL teams but it's always hard to make the step up to SPL so you'll have to hope he copes. A decent left back would see you looking fairly strong and possibly the favourites of the relegation candidates, is Fitzpatrick your regular left back?

Also seen Gary Miller for the first time yesterday, looks a tidy wee player but didn't seem to get forward much. Is he a defensive full back or will he bomb forward when he's given a chance?

Is there any betting on which opposition manager Jnr will fall out with first?

I recall last season there was some debate on the long ball or percentage game being employed.

Adams was very restrained last season.

He tended to stay out of any arguments, and left the other managers to tie themselves in knots - much like he did to Butcher a couple of seasons ago.

Kovacevic is a good signing, a back line consisting of Tokely and Kovacevic is relatively strong and should help your relegation abttle immensely, both good SPL players. Scott Boyd's done well in cup competition against SPL teams but it's always hard to make the step up to SPL so you'll have to hope he copes. A decent left back would see you looking fairly strong and possibly the favourites of the relegation candidates, is Fitzpatrick your regular left back?

Also seen Gary Miller for the first time yesterday, looks a tidy wee player but didn't seem to get forward much. Is he a defensive full back or will he bomb forward when he's given a chance?

Fitzpatrick at the moment is the left back, but as I mentioned above there are others that could also play there - Munro actually played there for a while on Wednesday night !

As for Miller he is more of a wing back style player, and always keep to go on the overlapping run.

I suppose a lot depends on the instructions from the management on whether he was allowed forward or not - also on what he was faced with from the opposition