The General Ross County Chat Thread

Thanks. I've been lurking long enough to know who most of them are I think. I'm familiar with your rather excellent blog, are there plans to continue it this season?

Well, I have bought some SPL teams' subbuteo figures, so I better make it worth my while! I might have to cut down on some of it, but I hope to keep it going.

Interesting to read int he paper today that there was the possibility of County playing Getafe tonight in Holland, but 'There was going to be a wee bit of finance involved so it didn't happen'

Does that mean that Getafe were going to charge County for playing them ? seems strange, I could understand travel expenses or something, but given the two teams are in Holland why would Getafe want to charge another team to play them?

Anyway, I'm heading off to Holland tomorrow for Friday's game against Den Bosch.

Looking forward to seeing how we compete against a second tier Dutch team. Not sure what standard to expect.

Interesting to read int he paper today that there was the possibility of County playing Getafe tonight in Holland, but 'There was going to be a wee bit of finance involved so it didn't happen'

Does that mean that Getafe were going to charge County for playing them ? seems strange, I could understand travel expenses or something, but given the two teams are in Holland why would Getafe want to charge another team to play them?

Anyway, I'm heading off to Holland tomorrow for Friday's game against Den Bosch.

Looking forward to seeing how we compete against a second tier Dutch team. Not sure what standard to expect.

It'll be an insurance issue.

Real Madrid and Barcelona make big bucks by whoring themselves out for friendlies, so Getafe are probably trying to cash in on that, despite being a La Liga diddy team. I'm glad we told them to GTF.

Getafe should be paying us to play them, especially when you consider how much money their sponsors have earned from Mr Tokely over the years.

5906916724_28cecc233c_b.jpg

Was it not Getafe that had the football top, if you put it up over your head they had a picture of the burger king inside, so it looked like you were wearing a mask ?

Edited to add : It was indeed.

Found this picture of it.

getafeburgerking_275x155.jpg

Edited by thejailender

I see Kovacevic is quoted in today's P&J as saying that we have "just as good, if not a better, squad as Dundee United"... and that we can easily finish above them...

I'll have what he's smoking..

Did Kovacevic go to the pre-season tour? If so, I think he frequented a few of the cafe's! Maybe he meant we will finish above Dundee which is entirely possible.

Did Kovacevic go to the pre-season tour? If so, I think he frequented a few of the cafe's! Maybe he meant we will finish above Dundee which is entirely possible.

I'd think Kovacevic knows the difference between Dundee United and Dundee by now, and that he would be comparing to something he knows about = DUFC.

But I would certainly like a wee Toke of his pipe too.

(Hey kids - Can you make a rude Tokely joke out of that?)

The squad had a full game on the new Pitch today. - Pinks v Blues!

No idea what the score was, or who was on each team, but its good that the team got a full 90 minutes on the park ahead of the opening game this Saturday.

Were the pinks in bibs, or are the new red away tops not keeping the colour in the wash...? wink.gif

Squad numbers for the season. Good too see that none of the players have chosen daft numbers. I don't think the club shop should bother ordering in too many of the number 6 though.

1 - Michael FRASER

2 - Jonathan BATESON

3 - Marc FITZPATRICK

4 - Grant MUNRO

5 - Scott BOYD

6 - Ross TOKELY

7 - Stuart KETTLEWELL

8 - Paul LAWSON

9 - Colin MCMENAMIN

10- Richard BRITTAIN

11- Iain VIGURS

12- Rocco QUINN