The General Ross County Chat Thread

as dingdong & forkboy say / imply, if Del is willing to give the man a chance, that's good enough for me.

If Mr Riordan signs then it will mean he has made a serious commitment by taking low wages at a provincial low-glamour club. It will mean that he has taken on board what the requirements and expectations are; and convinced the club that he will be a professional and work to the standard needed.

If he doesn't sign then that implies it wouldn't have worked out.

Something I genuinely hadn't considered in my earlier post - did Adams not work with riordan during his hibs spell? If so, then he should have a really good idea of how riordan would fit in, which makes me a bit more comfortable with the idea. Apologies if already mentioned

Something I genuinely hadn't considered in my earlier post - did Adams not work with riordan during his hibs spell? If so, then he should have a really good idea of how riordan would fit in, which makes me a bit more comfortable with the idea. Apologies if already mentioned

According to Wiki, Riordan moved to the World famous Shanxxi Chan-Ba in July 2011, so the two Dels time at Hibs did coincide.

According to Wiki, Riordan moved to the World famous Shanxxi Chan-Ba in July 2011, so the two Dels time at Hibs did coincide.

Hmm. Well, Del would certainly know he is just a wee fud. If he is prepared to take him and he knows what he is like, well who am I to argue. Not heard any more about it however.

Missed the Motherwell game so yesterday was my first, stadium and pitch are looking magnificent.

Hamilton lounge is better with Home fans only, no bother getting served. Think they are considering putting hot food back on according to a staff member.

Not that impressed with the new Tannoy system though, was still struggling to hear the 50/50.

The stadium's beautiful. It's bewildering to think when we joined the SFL we used to run up and down where the west stand now is. I genuinely had no idea that there was a new tannoy. It made no difference at all. Refund please.

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but the first ever SPL Highland Derby has now been moved to 7.45pm on Friday 5th October to be shown live on ESPN.

It's a pain in the arse for me, as I normally finish work at 6.30pm most days, but I'll need to try and head off early for this. I advocate we start planning for this now though, as I would love to be nicely lubricated with many a beer, and sitting standing next to all the rest of the vocal staggies (and the drum).

Suggestions folks? It'd be grand if the club could let us drink there again and then bus us over the bridge. Admittedly getting through to Dingwall would be an extra problem for me but it was brilliant fun last time in those rickety old things.

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but the first ever SPL Highland Derby has now been moved to 7.45pm on Friday 5th October to be shown live on ESPN.

It's a pain in the arse for me, as I normally finish work at 6.30pm most days, but I'll need to try and head off early for this. I advocate we start planning for this now though, as I would love to be nicely lubricated with many a beer, and sitting standing next to all the rest of the vocal staggies (and the drum).

Suggestions folks? It'd be grand if the club could let us drink there again and then bus us over the bridge. Admittedly getting through to Dingwall would be an extra problem for me but it was brilliant fun last time in those rickety old things.

Load of shite if you ask me. No chance I can get pished before the game now.

I'd prefer a Friday night to a Sunday lunchtime kick off. I've also got the Friday booked off, so not much hassle for me.

£10.90 singles from Edinburgh and Glasgow get in to Inverness at 18.28. The Edinburgh train joins the Glasgow train in Perth at 16.13. How does that work for folk?

There's an earlier train at the same price that gets in at 14.13 if people are really keen to get there early.

I'll be lucky to be in Inverness or Dingwall any earlier than quarter to six. I suppose this would just be early enough to get a good few pints in. It's also become tradition for me to down a pint through my mask at away games. This will need to be done purely to help me get pished.

I see the club are recieving blocks of tickets to sell. Wonder what approach they would let us take with a view to the Centrals and other vocal supporters getting to cluster together. If not, pay at the gate?

I see the club are recieving blocks of tickets to sell. Wonder what approach they would let us take with a view to the Centrals and other vocal supporters getting to cluster together. If not, pay at the gate?

If I mind last time in the 1st Div the more vocal fans were all put in the two sections behind the goals.

Gutted i'll miss this. Mind you, not being a season ticket holder I probably wouldn't have got a ticket anyway.

Really? The TCS holds 7,918 - I'd have thought you'd be able to get a ticket so long as you got in earlier enough. Especially as the last derby between the two (albeit in the first division) was only attended by 5,411.

Really? The TCS holds 7,918 - I'd have thought you'd be able to get a ticket so long as you got in earlier enough. Especially as the last derby between the two (albeit in the first division) was only attended by 5,411.

Was that the 3-0 in Inverness? It was also played midweek on a champions league night. Probably have an effect on attendance figures.