The General Ross County Chat Thread

I hear Doug Fairley has left, Saturday was his last day, so there will be an opening for Commercial Manager. Anyone fancy it?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. He's off to work for D&E. They haven't gone about advertising for a replacement yet, but they will be. Anyone who fancied the job would have the drawback of probably missing the majority of each game, aswell as having to listen to my pish every so often. :ph34r:

Anyway, onto some more important points. With only 11 days to go until the first ever SPL Highland Derby, plans are required. Normally I work till half 6ish, but I'll be looking to dodge out early for this. At the moment, I think I'm hoping to head through to Dingwall early enough to get some pints and some grub, dump my car at the ground if needs be and take the club bus up and back.

What's everyone else planning? There is of course The Chieftain option too, but the buses over a few seasons back were immense banter.

As I've said on OTB I'm quite surprised at the news Kurtis Byrne is available for loan, with Steven Craig already on loan at Partick it leaves us with McMenamin, Morrow and Glen.

http://www.rosscount...news/loans.aspx

I rate Byrne and reckon he offers as much (or nearly as much) as most of those players. But we've also played Coco off McMenamin this season. As well as Vigurs, with Cooper taking Vigurs place on the left. Fotheringham may also play that role ( I think), partly given we cant fit Lawson in midfield just now.

So that's potentially another 3 players to add to the attacking players of McMenamin, Morrow and Glen. I'm happy enough for Byrne to go on loan when we've got 6 players jostling over 2 positions. Would rather he got games, he's still quite young, and it lets us make up our minds about the older players.

I thought Byrne looked okay last season and gave us a memorable moment with the ensuing celebrations following his goal. Hopefully he can go and get some game time, I'd rather see him playing at a low level than festering in the stand every week.

I would like to see Lawson back in the team with Brittain on the right. I rate Quinn but Lawson is a better player IMO. Although it's nice having competition in midfield.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. He's off to work for D&E. They haven't gone about advertising for a replacement yet, but they will be. Anyone who fancied the job would have the drawback of probably missing the majority of each game, aswell as having to listen to my pish every so often. :ph34r:

The advert for the job was in the local papers last week.

The advert for the job was in the local papers last week.

Evidently my source isn't spending enough time at the club then. Which is concerning as he's in a rather senior postion. I'll blame it on the fact I was out of touch while I was away. dry.gif

Evidently my source isn't spending enough time at the club then. Which is concerning as he's in a rather senior postion. I'll blame it on the fact I was out of touch while I was away. dry.gif

http://www.jobs-north.co.uk/job/sales-events-manager-944135548?src=search

ROSS COUNTY SALES & EVENTS MANAGER

A position has arisen for a dynamic person to develop

the corporate business within Ross County FC during their

first season in the Scottish Premier League. The primary

tasks for this role are sales and event management.

You will have excellent communication skills and

the ability to work under your own initiative in

selling match day corporate hospitality and events on

offer at the club.

Experience in sales and event management would be

an advantage, along with good IT skills, plus having the

vitality to work in an exciting and sometimes pressured

environment to ensure we look after our customers.

Ross County FC, Global Energy Stadium, Victoria Park

Jubilee Road, Dingwall, Ross-shire IV15 9QZ

The salary is negotiable for this position, applications in

writing with a CV to Roy MacGregor at the address below

marking your application:

Private & Confidential FAO Chairman

Anyone tempted...?

Not been mentioned yet, but Kurtis Byrne has gone to Brechin City on loan for 3 months. It's a shame to see him go, as I quite like him and see a lot of potential in him but I suppose he needs to get more gametime. Hopefully he bags a few and can contribute to the second half of the season.

Also, good news for all you guys. I've recreated my infamous spreadsheet from last year. I don't have it on the computer I'm on right now, but I'll be updating you all as the season progresses on result combinations etc. and what we'll have to do to ensure survival.

what we'll have to do to ensure survival.

Simple, start winning games. Also, match or better the results Dundee achieve. Could be our only hope this season. And, before anyone says it is too early to worry about relegation open your eyes. The SPL honeymoon period is over. We MUST get a win at the dump on Friday.

Simple, start winning games. Also, match or better the results Dundee achieve. Could be our only hope this season. And, before anyone says it is too early to worry about relegation open your eyes. The SPL honeymoon period is over. We MUST get a win at the dump on Friday.

Do you really want me to open this can of worms this early?

I'll give you a little teaser.

The team with the highest points tally relegated from the SPL in the last 10 years was ICT on 37 points in 08/09.

The team with the lowest points tally to avoid finishing bottom in the last 10 years was Dundee Utd. on 32 in 02/03 (ironically, Motherwell who finished bottom on 28 that year, were not relegated either).

12th Place (not including Gretna's points deduction) on average achieve 28 points, 11th: 35pts, 10th: 37pts, & 9th: 40pts.

I would set a target of 40 to aim for to guarantee survival, but much less than that may be enough.

Dundee's current points/game ratio suggests they'll finish on only 18 points, the equal lowest points tally (Livi - 05/06) earned in the SPL in the last 10 years - not including Gretna's points deduction (23pts - 10).

(I should really expand my spreadsheet to include all 12 years of the 12 teams set-up instead of just the last 10 shouldn't I?)

So, County are on target for a points total in the late 30s. Yet eight games is too small a sample to rely on averages. I think Dundee will be closer to us than 20 points at the end of the season. Hopefully it will be a comfortable margin, but there is still scope for a worrying run of matches without a win, just as another unbeaten run can materialise.

I'd suggest that County mustn't lose at the dump, but three points can be overcome.

Edited by bunglebonce

So, County are on target for a points total in the late 30s. Yet eight games is too small a sample to rely on averages. I think Dundee will be closer to us than 20 points at the end of the season. Hopefully it will be a comfortable margin, but there is still scope for a worrying run of matches without a win, just as another unbeaten run can materialise.

I'd suggest that County mustn't lose at the dump, but three points can be overcome.

36, yes. But I do agree that 8 games is far too small a sample. Ideally you would look to be near halfway through the season before it starts taking enough shape. One win for Dundee this weekend and suddenly they would be on target for 28 points for the end of the season. So yes, it is a bit early for this.

It would be a blow to lose to TL;DR, but it wouldn't be a disaster. The more I look at it all the last couple of weeks though, the more relieved I am that Dundee were promoted the way they were.

I'm still fairly confident we will go down but when everybody is fit we are miles stronger than we were last season wheras you could argue RC are weaker, or on a par. If we can keep our heads up until some injuries clear up, and Grassi and McBride will probably play against ICT - perhaps some others - we will amass points. I have seen v little to fear from the provincial teams although I missed the Saints game when we were apparently abysmal.

Any neutral at the game we played at Dens would have to concede there was little between the teams and we were 4/5 top players down.

I'm still fairly confident we will go down but when everybody is fit we are miles stronger than we were last season wheras you could argue RC are weaker, or on a par. If we can keep our heads up until some injuries clear up, and Grassi and McBride will probably play against ICT - perhaps some others - we will amass points. I have seen v little to fear from the provincial teams although I missed the Saints game when we were apparently abysmal.

Any neutral at the game we played at Dens would have to concede there was little between the teams and we were 4/5 top players down.

comical_ali.jpg