Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The only sensible thing I have heard from her.

If the 50% criteria had been applied to the leadership election she would have been a bit stuck.  She only got 47% of the votes of her own members.

Only a mater of time before the no confidence letters start coming in. 

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Says it's "disgraceful" that Britain imports food it can grow itself, then immediately follows that up with a boast that she's heading to a food trade event in Paris to promote the export of British food products.  

yoda-the-hypocrisy-is-strong-with-this-o

35 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Baillie being a Health Secretary was one of many reasons they deserved to lose in 2007. The woman is a walking heart attack in waiting.

On Truss.....

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Yet despite that all the fleg waving ‘greatest generation’ arseholes who think a bit of polio is character building cheer it on. This government has actively made everyone but the richest (or undertakers) richer, made it harder to get on in life and instead of worrying where they are going on holiday now, people are worried about paying the fucking gas bill. Tory members fucking clapping like seals as life gets tougher for them. The UK is fucked. 

6 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

If the 50% criteria had been applied to the leadership election she would have been a bit stuck.  She only got 47% of the votes of her own members.

Only a mater of time before the no confidence letters start coming in. 

*Criterion

2 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Good!

You say that but we’re stuck and I actually quite like the English and Welsh. 
Honestly though there are people giving it ‘a bit of struggle never hurt me, when i was a boy we lived in a hole in the road’ patter, blitz spirity shite from people who were born in the 1950’s. Its like some kind of right wing Mandella syndrome. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You say that but we’re stuck and I actually quite like the English and Welsh. 
Honestly though there are people giving it ‘a bit of struggle never hurt me, when i was a boy we lived in a hole in the road’ patter, blitz spirity shite from people who were born in the 1950’s. Its like some kind of right wing Mandella syndrome. 

I would never have gone quite as far as a friend who happily described himself as an Anglophile, but I probably was until fairly recently (being very fond of cricket, George Orwell, Fairport Convention etc). Not anymore though, the English have changed, to a distressingly large extent. We can't be dragged down with them for much longer. 

5 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Good!

The sad thing is that were Scotland to attempt to hold another referendum then I honestly believe that she'd have no qualms at all about "sending in the troops" similar to what Madrid did with Catalonia.

She's an unhinged far right self obsessed fascist lunatic and those surrounding her in her cabinet are all very much of the same ilk.

Add in the links to Le Cercle and the Britannia unchained brigade and it truly is a frightening situation that we have on our hands.....

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Frank MacDougall's pub shut a while ago. It's replaced by a Sainsburys local.

47322_6ef66bd5.jpg?w=2

14569620440_c33312216e_b.jpg

There was also a Criterion Cafe in Dumbarton Rd opposite Hyndland St which made their own outstanding ice cream. It's now the building which contains the Tesco Express.

Back on topic, fuck the Tories.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The sad thing is that were Scotland to attempt to hold another referendum then I honestly believe that she'd have no qualms at all about "sending in the troops" similar to what Madrid did with Catalonia.

Truss is a dreadful PM even before she has started.

This is the only thing she has going for her.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

She's an unhinged far right self obsessed fascist lunatic and those surrounding her in her cabinet are all very much of the same ilk.

Add in the links to Le Cercle and the Britannia unchained brigade and it truly is a frightening situation that we have on our hands.....

The biggest problem with politicians like Truss and Boris is that they have no beliefs at all. They are swayed by political expediency and opinion polls, making them infinitely more dangerous than any with political principles. Ukraine is a classic example. Boris/Truss both demand that Crimea be returned to Ukraine, but the same principle does not apply to Gibraltar, Taiwan, Jerusalem etc. 

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yeah I’d totally believe that 

8 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

The biggest problem with politicians like Truss and Boris is that they have no beliefs at all. They are swayed by political expediency and opinion polls, making them infinitely more dangerous than any with political principles. Ukraine is a classic example. Boris/Truss both demand that Crimea be returned to Ukraine, but the same principle does not apply to Gibraltar, Taiwan, Jerusalem etc. 

Yes, I don't think there's any doubt that Truss will be controlled by big business and the rich and powerful, in return she'll be guaranteed multi Millions with Directorships, public speaking and "consultancy" roles once she's been found out. Pretty much like Blair.

The sad thing is that the majority in England still seem to support this mob although having a Tory leading the main opposition probably doesn't help matters.

It's becoming more and more apparent that our only escape from this is to take a chance on independence as the "known" alternative is an utter nightmare.....

14 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

WTF would Ukraine want with Gibraltar, Taiwan and Jerusalem?