Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Truss is a dreadful PM even before she has started.

This is the only thing she has going for her.

I don’t know?

I'm prepared to give her a chance.

The people on here are hardly representative of the population as a whole who, I think, realise that we are in the middle of an international whirlwind which governments can only do so much to mitigate.

Expectations are so low that she might just have a chance.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

So with Kwarteng likely to get the treasury we are about to get hit with two years of their "Britain's unchained" shtick.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britannia_Unchained

Aye, and the inevitable return of that wierdo Raaaab to some quasi important job too............

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The people on here are hardly representative of the population as a whole who, I think, realise that we are in the middle of an international whirlwind which governments can only do so much to mitigate.

The general population lap up the non news they get fed by the likes of the BBC, and probably dont even understand the reasons why energy bills are going up - and its not all "because of Putin". There are a variety of reasons why energy costs are going up most of them due to the stupid and structural contracts we are tied into, and other reasons (brexit) why our economy is going to be more fucked than the rest of europe.

Liz Truss, if she follows thru on her pre match chat is going to cut taxes - aiding the wealthy and not really helping the poor fuckers who can barely afford the increase in mortgage, power and food they have been saddled with.

If - and its a big if - she does something other than freezing the already unaffordable price cap, then I will be the first to praise her...............but she wont, as she appears to lack the intellectual capacity to do anything that doesnt appease her far right supporters.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Aitchies >>>>> Criterion. 

Used to be best pint by a mile in Aberdeen sadly under new management (a good few years ago) but still decent pint when waiting on the train/bus 

Aitchies I'm on about the crit was always shite 

Edited by doulikefish

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t know?

The people on here are likely more representative of the population as a whole than the gammons, plutocrats and infirm who comprise the membership of the Conservative Party. 

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Used to be best pint by a mile in Aberdeen sadly under new management (a good few years ago) but still decent pint when waiting on the train/bus 

Aitchies I'm on about the crit was always shite 

My days of getting a pint in Aitchies at 9.30am are sadly long gone. It’s been a couple of years since I last set foot, but was always a cracking pint. 

The general population lap up the non news they get fed by the likes of the BBC, and probably dont even understand the reasons why energy bills are going up - and its not all "because of Putin". There are a variety of reasons why energy costs are going up most of them due to the stupid and structural contracts we are tied into, and other reasons (brexit) why our economy is going to be more fucked than the rest of europe.
Liz Truss, if she follows thru on her pre match chat is going to cut taxes - aiding the wealthy and not really helping the poor fuckers who can barely afford the increase in mortgage, power and food they have been saddled with.
If - and its a big if - she does something other than freezing the already unaffordable price cap, then I will be the first to praise her...............but she wont, as she appears to lack the intellectual capacity to do anything that doesnt appease her far right supporters.
Although I agree with pretty much everything you've just said the one thing that I think will happen is some kind of energy cap. Not because she wants to but because she has absolutely no other option. I'm not exaggerating when I say that if she fails to do so we will see the economy collapse completely and riots on the streets.

44 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t know?

The Tory lapdog has spoken.

8 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
33 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Although I agree with pretty much everything you've just said the one thing that I think will happen is some kind of energy cap. Not because she wants to but because she has absolutely no other option. I'm not exaggerating when I say that if she fails to do so we will see the economy collapse completely and riots on the streets.

Yep, the conditions are right for mass civil unrest. Its absolutely being planned for. 
TBH the unions have the chance to grab these fuckers by the balls just now, the government wants profits and the rest, cant generate profits if theres a general strike. f**k the tories. 

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yep, the conditions are right for mass civil unrest. Its absolutely being planned for. 
TBH the unions have the chance to grab these fuckers by the balls just now, the government wants profits and the rest, cant generate profits if theres a general strike. f**k the tories. 

I think she’s so disconnected she doesn’t even see it brewing