Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Will all this blue on blue infighting lead to a split? The membership seem to be missing their racist brexity UKIP mates and may want to get the band back together.

No. The right always coalesces after disagreements to maintain power.

Look at the sheer volume of people who were opposed to the greatest schism in right-wing politics over most of our lifetimes: leaving the EU. The most vocal opponents are now either lock-step behind the project, and all the potential changes to society that they're now able to pursue, or are happy to remain quiet and continue to enjoy their privilege.

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Unbelievable stuff. What a country. From The Express:

This is impeachment! Fury grows at Boris ousting – 6,000+ Tories now demand PM reinstated

DEMANDS for Boris Johnson to be reinstated as Conservative leader were ramped up last night with more than 6,000 Tory members demanding a vote on the matter.

LOL. Please do reinstate the fat hopeless c**t. He's an absolute gift for opposing parties, even if the main one is led by a total fucking NPC like Starmer. 

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Unbelievable stuff. What a country. From The Express:

This is impeachment! Fury grows at Boris ousting – 6,000+ Tories now demand PM reinstated

DEMANDS for Boris Johnson to be reinstated as Conservative leader were ramped up last night with more than 6,000 Tory members demanding a vote on the matter.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493br8teunknzzltk78tzje

6 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

That will be the Times and Spectator trawling the Truss bins, they may even find her brain. No doubt the Express and Mail will back Truss, Sunak is a hard-line Tory c**t but he may just be a wee bit too brown for their readership.

Forsyth is also the husband of the hapless, tearful Allegra Stratton.

On 15/07/2022 at 09:23, John Lambies Doos said:
On 14/07/2022 at 23:22, virginton said:
Sunak is the least unhinged of all the candidates, if only because he has just been in the Treasury and therefore knows that the ludicrous tax promises made by others are not plausible. The arguments that corporation or income tax need to be slashed could not be more idiotic.
We really need Sunak to win and to then get eviscerated for his principal role in literally everything since 2019. 

No we don't, we want the most incompetent arsehole winning, I'm thinking of bigger picture

Have you got a mortgage? (clipped from the Guardian, the Times piece is paywalled)

Patrick Minford, the economist cited by Liz Truss as providing the rationale for her plan to use huge tax cuts to stimulate the economy and supposedly cut inflation, has said that interest rates would have to go up to around 7% for his proposal to work. In an interview with the Times, Minford said he agreed that big tax cuts would require interest rates to rise. 

Edited by welshbairn

Got to love this from the Daily Express website.  I’m sure the French will bend over backwards to help Mad Lizzie.

If she’s looking for her ‘Falklands Moment’ she can always invade France when she becomes PM.

00EFD0C7-D9CE-49A6-B0ED-E6DD2E42DEF4.thumb.jpeg.2d4446bd8b247bbbbcd61c87846609ed.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Got to love this from the Daily Express website.  I’m sure the French will bend over backwards to help Mad Lizzie.

If she’s looking for her ‘Falklands Moment’ she can always invade France when she becomes PM.

00EFD0C7-D9CE-49A6-B0ED-E6DD2E42DEF4.thumb.jpeg.2d4446bd8b247bbbbcd61c87846609ed.jpeg

Quite right actually.

Furious Britons should be made to wait. 

"We're not letting you in until you calm down."

10 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

That will be the Times and Spectator trawling the Truss bins, they may even find her brain. No doubt the Express and Mail will back Truss, Sunak is a hard-line Tory c**t but he may just be a wee bit too brown for their readership.

No time for Forsyth but he says in the article that he's known Sunak well since he was a teenager.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

No time for Forsyth but he says in the article that he's known Sunak well since he was a teenager.

Actually, he claims to have known Sunak well since Sunak was 3ft 6. So aye, when he was a teenager. Carry on.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

royal air force planes GIF

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The same rag today has the result of their own poll which claims that Truss would defeat Starmer in a GE.  Not impossible of course, but I rather it was a bigger sample than 17 elderly folk in a Worthing care home.

33 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The same rag today has the result of their own poll which claims that Truss would defeat Starmer in a GE.  Not impossible of course, but I rather it was a bigger sample than 17 elderly folk in a Worthing care home.

My cat would beat Starmer. 

The paper who campaigned for a hard border complaining about a hard border.

They genuinely have f**k all self-awareness.