Celtic (1994) v The Famous Aberdeen

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

We made it difficult for ourselves, we gifted them a goal start, and aside from a ten minute spell before half-time, where we looked good,  we sat far too deep and invited the pressure onto ourselves.

However, given that it's a new team then fair enough but we were playing our 5th competitive match of the season compared to opponents who were playing their first.

If Celtic had been match sharp then putting in a display like that could've easily earned us a 5-0, 6-0 or 7-0 humiliation.

Goodwin and the team will get a pass today because it's early doors for the new players but playing like that in Glasgow just won't cut it for the fans (including myself) going forward. It's just the same old pap we've been subjected to for years.

Push the defence up higher and get the midfield congested instead of giving their players an opportunity to showboat. 

That’s pretty much where I’m at. 

Celtic beat us very comfortably today and whilst I will let it go so early in this new era, it was objectively shite. 

28 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

You're either engaging in whataboutery, deliberately missing the point I was making, or are just thick.

My entire point was about the pointlessness of "if's, but's and maybe's" but I guess your inbred paranoia took over?

Your entire point was about it’s, buts and maybes yet you are going on about century’s of bile, bigotry and how it’s not a level playing feel and then suggest i’m missing the point or thick?

You may have just redefined irony there 😂

You also seem an angry wee dandy, might be a long season for you if this is how you feel already. 

Edited by Jinky67

I think Celtic are leagues ahead of the rest right now. Their one weakness is is probably their lack of height. The three Asians guys and Taylor are closer to 5 ft and the two centre backs don't even look over 6ft. So I can't understand for the life of me why we kept on playing out from the back.

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Your entire point was about it’s, buts and maybes yet you are going on about century’s of bile, bigotry and how it’s not a level playing feel and then suggest i’m missing the point or thick?

You may have just redefined irony there 😂

You also seem an angry wee dandy, might be a long season for you if this is how you feel already. 

How many edits did that take to sound right to you?

I'm far from angry (if you knew me you'd know that), I'm no keyboard warrior, but I can spell and punctuate.

Let me break it down.

There were several "if xxx then we'd have yyy posts" on the thread. I was extrapolating that to the extreme to point out how ridiculous it was (yeah, and having a go at your history as well, I admit it, it's fun when you lot are so precious) and that these kinds of comments are nonsensical in the extreme.

e.g. Even if Hayes scored that could easily have "energised" your team to perform better and instead of a 2-0 win gone onto win 9-3.

Do you understand now? I'm really not looking for a fight.

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

shiteing it off wee jinky, a new low 

Here is me talking about irony and you come out with this, you are the last person who could take me on 😉

scooby doo fighting GIF

20 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

I'm far from angry (if you knew me you'd know that), I'm no keyboard warrior, but I can spell and punctuate.

Let me break it down.

There were several "if xxx then we'd have yyy posts" on the thread. I was extrapolating that to the extreme to point out how ridiculous it was (yeah, and having a go at your history as well, I admit it, it's fun when you lot are so precious) and that these kinds of comments are nonsensical in the extreme.

e.g. Even if Hayes scored that could easily have "energised" your team to perform better and instead of a 2-0 win gone onto win 9-3.

As many edits as it requires 😉

Thanks for the explanation. It wasn’t required and i don’t really go about here looking for a fight here either however if i’m going to call someone thick then i’d expect one ✌️

(edit just for the banter) if, buts and maybes….i’ve got it 👌

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

By the way, what the hell was that pish where the Aberdeen team had to stand around while the entitled Celtic support sang the entire version of You'll Never Walk Alone before the match was allowed to kick off?

They should have joined in. A sad wee song that would bring a tear to a glass eye.

18 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Let me break it down.

That's some of the best spelling and punctuation that I've ever read.

Absolutely outstanding. 

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

By the way, what the hell was that pish where the Aberdeen team had to stand around while the entitled Celtic support sang the entire version of You'll Never Walk Alone before the match was allowed to kick off?

Rogers & Hammerstein or Marsden ? Who's to bless and who's to blame ?

10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Guard of honours are absolute nonsense and teams should refuse to take part 

This was after the “guard of honour”, after the flag had been raised and everyone was ready for kick off. For some reason the song was played over the tannoy, the Celtic support joined in, and Aberdeen were left standing about for about 2 minutes waiting for that tripe to finish.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Think that was at Jim Godwin’s request apparently 

42 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This was after the “guard of honour”, after the flag had been raised and everyone was ready for kick off. For some reason the song was played over the tannoy, the Celtic support joined in, and Aberdeen were left standing about for about 2 minutes waiting for that tripe to finish.

I think they wait for the nod from sky to tell them they’re ready to go. 

Game kicked off on time. 

The question is why we had to come out five minutes early for a shitey pep rally. 

If we'd prepared properly and had a team talk and proper warm up instead of standing about, we wouldn't have conceded a soft early goal. 

Pure gamesmanship, bordering on cheating. 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Think that was at Jim Godwin’s request apparently 

Think it’ll be a roll over this week guys, most had ‘ira songbook’, ‘west coast refs’ and ‘that wouldn’t have been given up the other end’, don’t think anyone saw this shit coming. 

Edited by Drew Brees

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Whilst i understand the opposition to the guard of honour etc - which i also think is a bit naff, the game kicked off when it was meant to. A song was played over the speakers whilst the players walked about stretching/knocking balls about like they do before every game. We weren't doing the Haka and making Aberdeen watch before the game was allowed to kick off. Although that might've been preferable.  

Unrelated and from Celtic POV but i'm not sure why we continue to play YNWA before every game post-pandemic and not just European games/the odd Rangers game like before. Really dilutes it and it just looks daft doing it in broad daylight before a normal league game.