Things You Learned Today

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Although it has its flaws, I'm all for the scientific community adopting the Dulux colour chart.  Why opt for the arbitrary Munsell code 7.5R 4/10 when you have "arsenic eggshell".

Arsenic Eggshell? I'm glad to see him honoured with a paint colour after his good work with the Gunners

2 related things.

1980s music star Kidd Creole is currently doing time for stabbing a tramp to death because he thought the tramp fancied him.

1980s music star is Kidd Creole is not 1980s music star Kid Creole. The latter had coconuts whereas the former was in the furious five. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I thought Hawaii was in the middle of the Atlantic and not the Pacific.

We were talking about The Rock becoming president one day and how he was in Moana and then where he was born.

Turns out he is from California and Hawaii is in the Pacific.

Bermuda was the one I had a geographic blind spot with - I always thought it was somewhere in the Caribbean near the Bahamas but it's actually nowhere near there - it's stuck way out in the Atlantic on its tod due east of the Carolinas.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Bermuda was the one I had a geographic blind spot with - I always thought it was somewhere in the Caribbean near the Bahamas but it's actually nowhere near there - it's stuck way out in the Atlantic on its tod due east of the Carolinas.

I was just looking on Google maps and I came across an island called Elbow Cay.

It had a bit of the street view for some of the areas and I thought it looked a bit shit. Lots of dead trees etc.

It was hit by hurricane Dorian in 2019 so I'll let it off.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/x34MPeMtg467taSX9