What Should I Watch Tonight?

BFTD

We've all been at a loss for ideas when thinking of something interesting to see - cue 45 minutes scrolling through Netflix before giving up and watching American Psycho again  :rolleyes:

Post your likes/dislikes here, give us an idea of what you're in the mood for, and your P&B chums will recommend options from their vast screen-watching experience.

I saw the original Orphan again recently, and I fancy seeing another horror-thriller film in a similar vein (while sitting around in my pants, or I'd go out to see the prequel in the cinema). What do you suggest, folks?

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

The Offer - a dramatised version of the story behind the making of The Godfather.

It's absolutely tremendous.

Fantastic programme and immediately had me watching the trilogy again. 

I’d also recommend Yellowstone which is also on Paramount +

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

We've all been at a loss for ideas when thinking of something interesting to see - cue 45 minutes scrolling through Netflix before giving up and watching American Psycho again  :rolleyes:

Post your likes/dislikes here, give us an idea of what you're in the mood for, and your P&B chums will recommend options from their vast screen-watching experience.

I saw the original Orphan again recently, and I fancy seeing another horror-thriller film in a similar vein (while sitting around in my pants, or I'd go out to see the prequel in the cinema). What do you suggest, folks?

Not in a similar vein, but Event Horizon is on Netflix now. A classic pant shitter that definitely didn't give me nightmares as a kid*.

*Obviously it did. It gave me fucking nightmares just a few years back too!

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not in a similar vein, but Event Horizon is on Netflix now. A classic pant shitter that definitely didn't give me nightmares as a kid*.

*Obviously it did. It gave me fucking nightmares just a few years back too!

I found the second half a little disappointing but, blimey, what a first half!

The ship's audio log being played back put a chill down my spine first time round. Probably helps if you've no idea what you're about to watch.

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

just watch what you normally watch

your neighbours through binoculars

803669281_michaelpaine.thumb.jpg.09e260d1569fbabd2ddbc08bd067fc6f.jpg

You don't need binoculars from up in the loft.

2c05c70c493976dcd6d4181cb9845915.gif?w=1

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I found the second half a little disappointing but, blimey, what a first half!

The ship's audio log being played back put a chill down my spine first time round. Probably helps if you've no idea what you're about to watch.

2c05c70c493976dcd6d4181cb9845915.gif?w=1

Aye the ship's log is mental. The video log too. Don't ever watch it slowed down!

Sam Neil on fire and all cut up still fucked!

On 07/09/2022 at 22:52, DA Baracus said:

If you enjoy phenomenonally stupid films then you'll be pleased to hear that The Core is now on Netflix.

Deeply, deeply dumb stuff but very entertaining and enjoyable.

I remembered that film a year or two back and had an overwhelming desire to see it again. Thankfully the branch of CEX near my work is stuffed full of gubbins like that on DVD.

Didn't regret a penny of the pound it cost. Absolute high-budget nonsense of the highest order, with a cast who should have known better, but thankfully didn't.

49 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I remembered that film a year or two back and had an overwhelming desire to see it again. Thankfully the branch of CEX near my work is stuffed full of gubbins like that on DVD.

Didn't regret a penny of the pound it cost. Absolute high-budget nonsense of the highest order, with a cast who should have known better, but thankfully didn't.

A good description. I feel like it openly taunts science, and most fields at that, and thumbs its nose at reason.

We need more shit like this. Moonfall is a decent, recent effort of the genre.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A good description. I feel like it openly taunts science, and most fields at that, and thumbs its nose at reason.

We need more shit like this. Moonfall is a decent, recent effort of the genre.

I saw that recently with the family. All were appalled by my enjoyment.

I loved Dara O'Briain's horrified takedown of 2012 taking a massive shite all over scientific knowledge and correctly assuming its audience was too thick to notice  :lol:

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I saw that recently with the family. All were appalled by my enjoyment.

I loved Dara O'Briain's horrified takedown of 2012 taking a massive shite all over scientific knowledge and correctly assuming its audience was too thick to notice  :lol:

2012 is fantastic. Utter, utter bollocks, but very enjoyable. Greenland is another decent effort there, but gets a bit too serious for the subject matter.