The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

How would that be possible?

You can't become independent and join the Euro on day one.

How long is acceptable for an iScotland to be tied to Sterling? How long did you give Brexit before you found yourself glad of it?

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

How would that be possible?

You can't become independent and join the Euro on day one.

Every nation on earth has the ability to choose its currency of choice, whether you have a say on how that currency is run is a different matter. You really hate Scotland, dontcha? 

We may yet be treated to the sight of central Scotland being turned into an irradiated nuclear wasteland, while the remaining members of P&B get to read, "of course, this would have been far worse if Scotland had been independent and attempted to rejoin the EU".

Days like today are fun.

I'm genuinely not sure what I want to happen now though.  

Obviously, it would be satisfying and hilarious to see her toppled in the next few days.  The vicious, nasty b*****d deserves to become but a punchline to a joke, and to go down in history as the very definition of hubristic failure.

However, literally any change at all will mean the Tories receive a boost in the polls, and might just have a chance of some recovery.

Regardless of what I'd prefer though, I think she's finished.  I give her until Tuesday.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Days like today are fun.

Obviously, it would be satisfying and hilarious to see her toppled in the next few days.  The vicious, nasty b*****d deserves to become but a punchline to a joke, and to go down in history as the very definition of hubristic failure.

However, literally any change at all will mean the Tories receive a boost in the polls, and might just have a chance of some recovery.

Regardless of what I'd prefer though, I think she's finished.  I give her until Tuesday.

Probably a little bit longer.....the chairman of the 1922 committee is in Greece on holiday 

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

People replying to ‘troll boy’ is far worse imo.

I know this is a hardy annual for you but that doesn't stop it being relevant

Trolls are as obvious as they are to be discouraged

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

I know this is a hardy annual for you but that doesn't stop it being relevant

Trolls are as obvious as they are to be discouraged

Best way to discourage them is to ignore them.  Maybe the only way.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Days like today are fun.

1) Ejecting your leader after tanking the economy within 50 days of taking office ends any chance of a recovery. It's far worse for them than 'Black Friday', which supposedly eviscerated their credibility for years but looks a work of consumate statesmanship compared to current events. 

2) It's the exact same electorate who chose that moron Truss in the first place, who gets to choose the next leader as well. Tory politicians are obsessed by staying in power and would ruthlessly choose leaders to do so - their party members are not. 

1) Ejecting your leader after tanking the economy within 50 days of taking office ends any chance of a recovery. It's far worse for them than 'Black Friday', which supposedly eviscerated their credibility for years but looks a work of consumate statesmanship compared to current events. 
2) It's the exact same electorate who chose that moron Truss in the first place, who gets to choose the next leader as well. Tory politicians are obsessed by staying in power and would ruthlessly choose leaders to do so - their party members are not. 

I'd agree with you if it weren't for the nagging doubt that there's a significant part of the electorate who are morons in the same vein as the Tory membership and are gullible enough to swallow any old shit.