The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

It's an utter disgrace that they can just pick somebody else in a week.  What the f**k was months of waiting last time?  Why on Earth should the British public trust the people who brought in Truss to somehow or another manage to bring in somebody better in a week?

It's a pisstake.  I've never really been pro or anti independence but I'm 100% swinging towards independence thanks to the joke of the Government for the last few years.  Get the Tories out and never let them back in.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Sunak wouldn't want it, surely.

The next one is a caretaker to prevent wipeout. Not to win an election.

Yeah I can't see it. He's been proven entirely right about Truss and it's damage limitation whoever takes it on.

You would have to be a total idiot to take the job, but that's the worry isn't it? End up with a crank like Braverman. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

There will be a huge push from the ERG and right for Braverman. She has clearly been primed to "resign" yesterday with today's emptying of Truss in mind. It will take a pretty concerted effort to stop them hence why the membership are being shafted as the right know Braverman would not command their support. I will be very surprised if it's not Cruella and that should give everyone of every political persuasion the absolute fear.

Only thing that gives me any confidence she wont get the job is that Tory MP's are clearly now absolutely shitting themselves about losing their jobs come the next GE. I think that the chaos of the past 6 weeks will really make them think twice about handing the keys to yet another thick, extremist, ERG puppet and expecting things to stabilise and get better to the point that they might be able to hold on to their seats.

I think even they realise that it will be impossible to govern without a candidate that most of them can coalesce behind, and the loonies just don't have that going for them. I think Braverman might have enough support to get down to the final 3 or so, but I think that ultimately they'll plump for someone who is at least capable of doing a passable impression of being sane.

f**k knows what we'd end up with if they left it up to their membership again, and I think the expedited contest isn't just for the sake of speed. It's clear the parliamentary party is already at their wits end with the geriatric fuckwits who elected Truss.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

There will be a huge push from the ERG and right for Braverman. She has clearly been primed to "resign" yesterday with today's emptying of Truss in mind. It will take a pretty concerted effort to stop them hence why the membership are being shafted as the right know Braverman would not command their support. I will be very surprised if it's not Cruella and that should give everyone of every political persuasion the absolute fear.

It won't be Braverman. The party grandees will be telling her to wind the neck in. She resigned before she got pushed. 

12 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

What will King Jugears 3rd say to Truss when she pitches up to offer her resignation ?

".......oh, dear dear....back again......and how long have you been a Prime Minster ?"

Probably shite-ing it. Last time she met a head royal there was another vacancy within 48 hours........................