The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

For me who’s a younger voter, the way I see it was that Scottish Labour destroyed their credibility when they joined forces with the Tories to campaign against Independence. Labour siding with the Tories used to be something that would be unthinkable yet they leapt into bed with them. Perhaps they could have remained neutral on the subject? Or they could have made a case for the Union alone. Instead they formed they loathsome Better Together campaign and lied to the Scottish people. f**k them IMO.

Nobody changed their mind from yes to no becuase of the vow

a lie you want to believe, is still a lie

I’m convinced that @Jedi is a struggling second year politics student whose support for Labour is in protest at his Tory voting parents.  He has certainly never lived through a Labour government.

Maybe when he’s got a moment he can provide a justification for the various Labour/Tory local authority deals designed to keep the SNP out of office.

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I've never contended they are. I said the opposite yesterday, and I certainly meant to assert that again in the post you've quoted. Apologies if I've honestly made a mess of it and implied I think they are. I do not think that at all. Like I said yesterday, all c***s are c***s, but some of them are definitely worse than others.

@Jedi

Not at all Mate.  You've been perfectly clear on where you stand, and it's not a million miles from where I am.

I got involved in this discussion though, because I reject the facile point others were trying to make, painting Labour as just the same as those in charge of the UK just now.

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Nobody changed their mind from yes to no becuase of the vow

a lie you want to believe, is still a lie

I'm not sure of that. A couple of hours after 'the vow' itself I had Labour activists at my door talking about it and asking if it had changed my mind.

That's not the same as it actually changing votes, I grant you, but it was certainly calculated to have that effect and it's clear Labour themselves believed it would.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

'It's an..echo chamber, 🙌 its an echo chamber, 🙌 its an...echo chamber.🙌....all the time' 🎶

Just for the record chief, I voted Labour in every single election from 1986 when I could vote, I helped bin a tory and turn my constituency red.

I spent a few years in the 2000s thinking about the Indy question, I gave Labour a chance, but they fucked it completely in the years running up to 2014 - I am now a member of the SNP.

My story is not particularly unusual.

Hows that for an echo chamber?