The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

Just now, Leith Green said:

I think that some sanity may break out before long. Most of the loonies who want BJ are doing the rounds, but there are literally hundreds of tory MPs who think hes a fuckwit.

The 1922 committee will require a hurdle of - say 75 MPs - who are willing to say "aye, this is the guy for me".

Bearing in mind BJ still has a standards committee hearing (which he probably comes out of poorly), I think its only the real bammers who are sticking their necks on the block right now.

More chance of it being a runoff with Sunak and Mordaunt and the membership - again - voting for the "non brown" candidate.

They see Boris as the big vote catcher who won the last election with a large majority, thing is he won that on the back of Brexit which has turned sour so at the next GE all his worshippers will be in for a shock when he loses badly.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Boris looking increasingly unlikely going by the betting trends, about 1 hour ago he actually touched 12/5 which was 2nd fav to Sunak who'd drifted out to 6/5, however Sunak now 8/11, Mordaunt 9/4 and BJ has drifted out to 11/2 and 6's in places.

1 minute ago, MuckleMoo said:

Did I hear that right? 100 votes required to become a candidate. Fucking helk

Thats great news as - I think - bojo will struggle to get the nod.

Graham Bradys no daft, he knew that setting the bar too low (say 25) would allow the liar back in and the red faced twats in the shires would vote for King Boris.

Thats great news as - I think - bojo will struggle to get the nod.
Graham Bradys no daft, he knew that setting the bar too low (say 25) would allow the liar back in and the red faced twats in the shires would vote for King Boris.
Funny as f**k if no one reaches 100

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think that some sanity may break out before long. Most of the loonies who want BJ are doing the rounds, but there are literally hundreds of tory MPs who think hes a fuckwit.

The 1922 committee will require a hurdle of - say 75 MPs - who are willing to say "aye, this is the guy for me".

Bearing in mind BJ still has a standards committee hearing (which he probably comes out of poorly), I think its only the real bammers who are sticking their necks on the block right now.

More chance of it being a runoff with Sunak and Mordaunt and the membership - again - voting for the "non brown" candidate.

I honestly can't see it going to the membership. Too much of a risk they elect another absolute bufoon and it craters the entire thing right from the get-go. If it comes down to Sunak v Mordaunt, I reckon they'll fudge some sort of a deal along the lines of Sunak PM with Mordaunt Home Sec, then if they survive the 2024 GE Sunak quits after a couple of years in favour of Mordaunt. Perhaps not that exact deal and those candidates, but I can't see any way they run the risk of putting a bampot candidate to the geriatric members again. It would be like their second 'corbyn moment' in the space of six weeks.#

Edit - 100 votes for nomination is sensible. Should preclude the absolute walloper extremists and disgraced fuckwits.

Edited by Boo Khaki

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I honestly can't see it going to the membership. Too much of a risk they elect another absolute bufoon and it craters the entire thing right from the get-go. If it comes down to Sunak v Mordaunt, I reckon they'll fudge some sort of a deal along the lines of Sunak PM with Mordaunt Home Sec, then if they survive the 2024 GE Sunak quits after a couple of years in favour of Mordaunt. Perhaps not that exact deal and those candidates, but I can't see any way they run the risk of putting a bampot candidate to the geriatric members again. It would be like their second 'corbyn moment' in the space of six weeks.#

Edit - 100 votes for nomination is sensible. Should preclude the absolute walloper extremists and disgraced fuckwits.

Yes, it looks like a straight battle between the two, however if it DOES go to the membership then Mordaunt is a stick on and we'll no doubt just be back to where we were but Mordaunt will be in for Truss.

It won't appease the BJ cultists and the Sunak faction will still have their noses out of joint.

On the other hand, should Sunak manage to get elected by shutting out the membership, then they'll be outraged about not getting to vote for their poster boy BJ and the ERG will simply not accept Sunak surrounded by Hunt, Shapps etc and of course we're all back to square one.

Ultimately it's a total shambles and exactly WHY that a GE is the only viable option.......

29 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I've always been fascinated by the fact that insofar as politics inside England is concerned, for all the flag-shagging, British nationalist, pro-union hark back to the Empire shite goes down great, you could equally as viably stand on a 'lets have a referendum on booting the manky sponging Jocks out' platform and you'd also hoover up a massive share of the vote for that alone.

Maybe instead of campaigning for a 2nd Scots Indi ref, the SNP should instead be campaigning for a 1st English Scots Indi Ref.

I've said this for a while now. As long as a sizeable proportion of the English electorate think that any other constituent part of the union is getting subsidised, sponging, etc then the union is dead. And since that genie is not going back in the bottle the long term future of the United Kingdom is in the hands of Brexit backing middle England. The same people would love to shoot themselves in the other foot by telling us to F-off.

The UK is therefore done for.

1 minute ago, MuckleMoo said:

You just know that if this does go to a members vote the online voting system is definitely getting hacked. It's going to be a shambles

Aye, the choices will be (a) Mordaunt (b) Sunak

And 500,000 of the 200,000 votes will be for a Mr V Putin

100 supporters is to cut out BJ and favour Sunak, however I just checked and in the summer Dishi only got 88 votes in Round 1 and 101 in Round 2. 

It'd be funny if Sunak (or anyone else) failed to make 100 but I'd bet on RS being the only candidate to get 100 nominations, even if the 22 committee has to give out Chinese burns.

Edited by btb