Terrors v Hibees - The Jack Ross Destruction Derby

I've listened to the clip around 20 times and it could be either word. I honestly can't tell which one it is.
My gut feeling was the racist word rather than "fat", but it's not obvious. If it was racist, I hope they find the person who did it and ban them for life. Whoever they support.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I've listened to the clip around 20 times and it could be either word. I honestly can't tell which one it is.

I think its "fat", and its just coincidence that Jair was on camera at that point.

Most of us are used to a setup with about 8 mics dotted round the ground, but as mentioned above by the DABs, their AV setup is pish.

Not sure who the comment would have been aimed at, there is some chat that its Watt................which, if he is deemed a fat b*****d, doesnt give the rest of us much hope.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think its "fat", and its just coincidence that Jair was on camera at that point.

Most of us are used to a setup with about 8 mics dotted round the ground, but as mentioned above by the DABs, their AV setup is pish.

Not sure who the comment would have been aimed at, there is some chat that its Watt................which, if he is deemed a fat b*****d, doesnt give the rest of us much hope.

Hibs fans were shouting ‘fat b*****d’ at Watt throughout the game.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No I didn’t.

A bit of poetic licence from me - but you did call him a cheat, and the only incident of note he was involved in was where Edwards elbowed him in the puss.

Perhaps you can enlighten me?

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

A bit of poetic licence from me - but you did call him a cheat, and the only incident of note he was involved in was where Edwards elbowed him in the puss.

Perhaps you can enlighten me?

It could be a wind up from me, though I’m not known for winding people up.

It could be a general observation about Porteous.

It need not relate to last night’s game at all.

Yeah it was most of the evening that fat chant. Obviously they are not in the grand scheme of society but I can't help but feel both Watt and Middleton could do with shifting a couple of pounds to perform to their optimum. Could just be their bodyshape though I suppose

Edited by Alert Mongoose

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Listened to the clip another few times and honestly can't tell which of the two possible words is being used. I have difficulty in believing anyone who says that they can definitely make out what is being shouted.

If the shout was coming from the other side of the ground what is the likelihood of it being aimed at the boy in the clip?

It may be we have the wrong victim, I don’t know the racial make up of the rest of the players.

17 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Was prepared to say “oh well it’s only one fan, can’t let it tarnish the entire Dundee United support”, but out come the cretins on here to try and explain it away. Utterly shameless.

Can't imagine how angry you are now it's been established it was Hibs fans.