What game(s) that you missed would you want to see?

For St. Mirren it would be the 1959 cup final, seeing the team win in front of the last 6 figure domestic crowd without either of the OF would have been amazing.

Scotland, either the 5-1 at Wembley in 1928 or the 3-2 in 1967.

Other would have been the 1960 European Cup final at Hampden...again the crowd and the quality of football.

Can only think of one, been lucky enough tosee us lifting a major trophy and playing Vaduz & Sturm Graz in Europe but the one i missed, and wish i'd went to was back in 1998/99 season when we were in the old 2nd div and beat Aberdeen 1-0 away from home in the Scottish cup, think it was John Robertson that scored for us, that would've been some game to have witnessed, such a massive win for a 2nd div club.

15 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Have been lucky enough to attend most great Hibee games since 1999.  2 Nil down at Tynie I would single out.   Missed the win over Rangers when Chris Killen scored the winner and 6-1 away to Motherwell.  Gave my season ticket to my brother the night we beat Livi 7-0 too as it was shite outside and I couldnt be arsed.

Country would have loved to have went to Scotlands wins over France and Wembley for the England game at the Euro's.

Away from that Man Utd 1999 in Barcelona or Liverpool in Istanbul.  Also would have love to have went to any of the massive Barca games from the 2008 period where they just destroyed everyone at ease. 

One of the most miserable seasons i've had being a Livi supporter, thankfully i missed that game though, Paul Lambert is still the worst manager we've had, and that's with us having John Hughes in there.

26 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

One of the most miserable seasons i've had being a Livi supporter, thankfully i missed that game though, Paul Lambert is still the worst manager we've had, and that's with us having John Hughes in there.

Was it the season after you won at Easter Road 3-0 midweek also?  I seen us win 3-1 at Parkhead a few days earlier.  Sure Hassan Kachoul (sp) played an absolute blinder of a game. 

7 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

2016 cup final. Will never live it down. Might need to start pretending I was there if the kids start getting interested in Hibs 

Know someone who left that game when Halliday scored for them and was back on the train to Edinburgh when the final whistle blew. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

It would have to be Bayern Munich at Pittodrie in 83. My dad had been taking me to Dons games since the late 70s, but living in Fife it was mainly away games that we went to. I remember listening to the game on tranny with my Dad. We did go up for the 5-1 win in the semifinal but I don’t think the drama of those 2 goals in a minute will ever be repeated at Pittodrie.

Scotland would have to be 67 or 77 at Wembley 

Seeing my hometown side win the cup in 61 or 68 or any of the big European nights at East End in the 60s would have been special but unfortunately was before I was born. 

Club - Rangers 1-3 Motherwell, play-off final first leg. Gave up on going to games against the cheeks a long time ago. Bit galling not see to Lionel's goal in person. Someone will post footage soon I'm sure.

Other - Milan's destruction of Steaua in the 1989 EC final in Barcelona, peak Gullit/Van Baste, that defence etc.

16 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Bit of a damp squid

kKyzxAwjsR-10.png

Club: The 4-2 semi-final replay against Celtic in '91. I "watched" that via Teletext from England, and when it flashed up a score update as the 90th minute approached with the score at 3-2  I was afraid to look, fearing the inevitable Celtic equaliser. I'm surprised to this day that the neighbours didn't call the police to report a screaming maniac on the loose afterwards.

Other: Wigan beating Man City in the 2013 Cup Final. I've always had a soft spot for the pie eaters.

Club: Hearts 0 - 2 Kilmarnock  - to win the League in 1965 I was only 3 at the time.  If not that game the game earlier in that season when we came back from 4 goals down to beat Eintracht Frankfurt 5-4 on aggregate in the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.   (I think Tommy McLean made his debut for us that night). 

Country: 1967 victory over England at Wembley.   Failing that either game against France for the 2008 World Cup (I Couldn't get tickets) 

Other: Partizan Belgrade v Kilmarnock in the Europa League would have been my choice as this was to be my first away match in Europe watching Killie.  My father and brother were there, and sadly I don't think we will get another chance to see us play away from home in Europe. 

Other match would have the World Cup Semi-Final between France and Germany in 1982.  Either that or the Italy v Brazil game in the same tournament. 

13 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

I would love to have been at the '73 2-1 win, also against the Czechs, to qualify

I was at that game.  Think It was 8 years old.  Looking back, my dad taking me to that game at that age was utter madness.  80 miles to Glasgow on a school night on a bus where everybody got blootered with no toilet and with a good chance of it breaking down as buses did back then.  Hardly feeling my feet touch the ground due to the crush getting in, probably via a "lifty over'.  Struggling to see most of the game and the carnage when Jordan scored and 95,000+ went mental.  I was too you to take it all in back the.  All I knew was that Scotland had one and qualified for something called the World Cup and apparently it was a big deal.

On a slightly different tangent...missing the Faddy goal was not the first big goal I had missed following Scotland.  I was at Annfield for the game against Wales in 77.  I got crushed against the fence at the front early in the game so was lifted and sat on the track.  To be on the safe side my dad decided to leave before the final whistle.  Suddenly we heard a massive roar.  It was only when we got back on the bus that we found out Dalglish had scored with a flying header...gutted I missed that one 

21 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

I was at that 96 game.  Bit of a damp squid for us. 

6d0d45d8-bb3b-4ffb-91de-22f9ea73072a_tex

Surprised nobody's wished they'd been in Arbroath for their legendary triumph against Bon Accord. Given a time machine, I quite fancy the idea of going back to the 19th century to see how football was played back then (and how the crowds behaved too).

The first game I'd want to see wouldn't be the 36-0 Arbroath record, but Dundee Harp's 37-0 win against Aberdeen Rovers. Not only would it be fun to see a team concede a goal every two or three minutes, but I'd also get to wait until the referee wired the wrong 35-0 score off to the SFA, then engineer a situation where I got to announce the Arbroath score to Dundee Harp's players with the ref present - "well done lads, imagine if you'd slackened off towards the end there, ha ha ha".

I am an evil b*****d.

There’s obviously games like the 71 cup final, but I wasn’t born for another 23 years after that so doesn’t feel right going with it. In recent years, probably the 2-1 win over Ross County where Doolan got his 100th goal. I also wasn’t allowed to attend the cup semi against Rangers in 2002, which we obviously lost, but it’d be nice to see Thistle at hampden and not playing Queens Park.

For Scotland, I was at quite a few of the bigger ones like France at Hampden and England at Wembley, but missed the 3-2 against Israel so possibly that as it looked incredible.

For a game involving neither, the 2016 cup final would be good, England losing to Italy in the final would be lovely too, but I’d go for either Boca v River Plate in the 2018 Copa Libertadores final, or San Marino beating Liechtenstein in a friendly in 2004, to date their only ever win.  

5 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Club: Hearts 0 - 2 Kilmarnock  - to win the League in 1965 I was only 3 at the time.  If not that game the game earlier in that season when we came back from 4 goals down to beat Eintracht Frankfurt 5-4 on aggregate in the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.   (I think Tommy McLean made his debut for us that night). 

I visited the Eintracht Frankfurt museum a few years ago (worth a look) and the pennant Killie gave them is on display

I had a ticket for a midweek Aberdeen vs Motherwell game in 2016. Got to the ground and within minutes, the game had been abandoned for floodlight failure.

I couldn’t make the rearranged game so I got a refund. It turned out to be a 7-2 win for the Dons featuring that meltdown from McGhee. My seat was pretty central in the main stand so I would probably have been in earshot of the infamous “get that tae f***”.

20 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I had a ticket for a midweek Aberdeen vs Motherwell game in 2016. Got to the ground and within minutes, the game had been abandoned for floodlight failure.

I couldn’t make the rearranged game so I got a refund. It turned out to be a 7-2 win for the Dons featuring that meltdown from McGhee. My seat was pretty central in the main stand so I would probably have been in earshot of the infamous “get that tae f***”.

I was there, wasn’t much of a game, it went 6-0 to 6-2 in minutes, thoughts went through my mind that we had done this before or at least 6-3 or 6-4 would bring back some respectability then we let Aberdeen up the pitch to score a seventh.  I think I was given a free ticket as I approached the ground so a shrug of the shoulders and home.

Club: When we beat Fiorentina on penalties to make the UEFA Cup final. Pretty self explanatory one but a match where it was Walter's "anti-football" that saw us cling on for dear life then snatch it in one of the most dramatic fashions. We even fell behind in the penalty shoot out but managed to turn it round.

Country: Maybe a slightly different choice, but Scotland 1 - 2 Italy in our Euro 2008 qualifying campaign is one I'd love to have experienced. I can't really remember a build up to a Scotland match quite like it in my lifetime. I was only 8 during France 98 so never fully appreciated it, but this was the first time I felt that a Scotland side could actually achieve something. I remember leaving work the day before the match and the local JJB had a queue out the door with people trying to buy a Scotland shirt.

Going behind so early in the match was a kick in the teeth but we took the game to Italy after that, I thought we'd scored when a ball was cleared off the line. The pub I was in had a lad up on the pool table at half time playing bagpipes and the scenes when Ferguson scored the equaliser was amazing there so to experience it in the stadium would've been unreal. In the end a shocking referee decision not to award us a foul cost us but I think that's one match I look back on the most and wish I was there.

Not my team, but when I was at school my best mate was an Aberdeen fan and his dad was a Motherwell fan.

We lived in Lanarkshire and Fir Park was within easy reach.

20th of October 1999. We'd both turned 15 and I was round at my pal's house having dinner. We had a loose plan to go to that night's Motherwell - Aberdeen game at Fir Park. My mate's dad was a bit late getting back from work and it was becoming a bit of a rush to get there in time, think it might not have been a great night either.

Long and short of it, we decided to sack it off and watch the Champions League on the telly. Rangers - PSV?

Anyway, imagine our horror watching the Tellytext updates of Motherwell 5-6 Aberdeen roll in. Always regretted that one.

Edited by DoingThe42