Athletic, Alloa vs. Athletic, Dunfermline

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, that was a separate idea. Pre-match Royal Rumble for all the players (and staff, if there's room), and/or one-on-one bout between managers at half-time.

Ought to liven up the manager interviews at full time.

And some interesting signings of 7ft madmen who never seem to get a game.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Feel sorry for the Alloa guy interviewing McPake, bizzare post match interview. 

Felt that was a banana skin today avoided and avoided in reasonable style running out a healthy lead after last week's shambles.

Those were all Dunfermline media guys... I was behind it getting a memory card.

Just mind this is the guy who was trying to brawl with teenagers in a pub because they were making fun of him. There's a history of reactionary behaviour.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

And some interesting signings of 7ft madmen who never seem to get a game.

Been wondering what Geoff Mitchell's up to these days.

Had a nice time in Alloa today. Very pleasant being at a game as a neutral following Inverness yesterday, and much nicer weather.

Dunfermline worthy winners though I thought 3-0 highly flattered the city team.

Went to the Thistle Bar before the game. Some very nice locals and staff in there.

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Because I did general standard grade maths, I had to do the foundation exam as well (everyone sat the exam of the level below them in case they failed the exam of their own standard, so folk doing credit had to do the general and folk doing general had to do foundation.

Was a massive minter. The foundation stuff was genuinely primarily school level stuff.

Haven't heard the term "foundy" in years 🤣

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

image.thumb.png.a310abdfd3dd38627f0714e999d3ee11.png

Unfortunately this one was ruled offside otherwise we'd have had a stonewall penalty. I wished I'd have checked it back earlier. 

HAHAHAHA. The referees in this league are another level of shite. He's right in line with Fisher ffs. 

26 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Those were all Dunfermline media guys... I was behind it getting a memory card.

Just mind this is the guy who was trying to brawl with teenagers in a pub because they were making fun of him. There's a history of reactionary behaviour.

Ah right don't recognise the younger guys voice.

Unfortunately this one was ruled offside otherwise we'd have had a stonewall penalty. I wished I'd have checked it back earlier. 

Footage.01_00_59_28.Still002.thumb.png.ce2a6d3705900af34fec113f4c0bd305.png

After seeing it from this angle I'm ready to start a pub brawl

It's a well known phrase in refereeing that it's better to have a dodgy offside than a dodgy goal. VAR will clear that all up...

Footage.01_00_59_28.Still002.thumb.png.ce2a6d3705900af34fec113f4c0bd305.png

After seeing it from this angle I'm ready to start a pub brawl

At the game, I thought Breen won the ball in the challenge anyway and it would have gone behind for a corner? Obviously could be wrong though. Or I could be thinking about a different incident?

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

At the game, I thought Breen won the ball in the challenge anyway and it would have gone behind for a corner? Obviously could be wrong though. Or I could be thinking about a different incident?

He clatters MacIver who reached the ball first. Immaterial anyway as shown above.

6 minutes ago, printer said:

Can you show us the next two or three frames after that - each one of them? Inconclusive so far IMO.

If Usain Bolt was travelling at 12m/s at top speed while he won the 100m. The ball leaves Donnelly's foot in 2 frames so lets be generous and add another 1.

In 0.06 seconds he could cover 72cm. Ross MacIver from a standing start is safe.

Really poor performance by us today and second one within a week.

The shape of our team is baffling and Brian Rice's failure to sign a left back is coming back to bite us. Playing Cammy O'Donnell as a left wing back is a waste of our most direct attacking threat. Dropping Kevin Cawley was another bizarre decision and no surprise he had our best two chances when he came on. Playing Sammon, Rodden and McIver together doesn't work either. Would also consider dropping Hogarth for Muir.

Not all negatives, good to see Taggart back at right back and in a better position than this time last season as I don't hate the manager.