Next temporary leader of the Conservative Party PM

Granny Danger

Next Temporary Leader of the Conservative Party PM  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Always about the SNP

Meanwhile the UK government gave Boris' cousins card shop business £2bn for PPI, Nick Hancock's sisters bakery £5bn for PPI etc etc and wondered why nothing turned up.

I've not really listened to the SG's statements but I have never ever heard NS say that she wants a hard border in the UK. I have very little respect for the Tories but come on just making shit up and being allowed to do it is yet another reason we need to get out of this shitshow (and there are plenty bigger reasons)

Back Boris, pay more for your mortgage. 

It is depressing that the UK is becoming a prisoner of the markets like Greece was, but that's entirely on Truss/Kwarteng and ergo the people that put her there. Whilst they all appear to realise Truss fucked up, they do not seem to quite appreciate their own role in the problem,or to understand quite why it all happened. 

Also worth pointing out that these are the Tories who have effectively created a 'hard border' in the Irish fucking Sea through their own blithering incompetence, and determination to press on with an utterly idiotic version of Brexit that they didn't have a mandate to pursue, or the ability to implement.

In many ways it is fascinating to watch the tories implode. I thought they were out for the count in 1997 but this is something else. 

They will lose the next GE badly. But they are facing destruction on a scale much worse than 1997. In 97 the big thing was that they had been in for 18 years and change was needed. This time they have just destroyed any reputation they ever had. 

Sunak is the only one I think that can soften this blow and keep them in the political fight in future. Johnson is a self destruct button. I hope they go for Johnson. 

Confident talk of Boris reaching 100 which would give the membership a good chance of putting him back in. 

Absolute bonkers that the Tories are backing more chaos. 

Although I do think if Johnson is put back into power, he will instantly take a big chunk out of the Labour lead and pull back some of the flag shaggers and "Boris got it done" crew.

Edited by mojito

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Ben Wallace has ruled himself out. In much the same way as i've decided not to go for this year's ballon d'or or miss World titles. 

Interesting take.  FWIW I think Wallace would have a lot of support from both Tory MPs and the wider memebership.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I knew a guy back in the day who was an MP and said Currie was a very attractive woman IRL.

Hasn’t it become a trope that Tory males crave being dominated and abused by matronly older women who remind them of their stern but domineering nannies?

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Hasn’t it become a trope that Tory males crave being dominated and abused by matronly older women who remind them of their stern but domineering nannies?

Maybe but this guy was definitely not a Tory.  Far from it.

24 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The fact he’s on holiday while Parliament is in session and not working doesn’t seem to really bother many people 

Has he not almost been on a constant holiday since he said he was standing down and how does he get to go on holiday while Parliament is in session?

Would a Teacher be allowed holidays in term time? I know that you need to ask permission from the school if you are taking your children out of school, I think some parents down south have been fined for children being on holiday outside of the school holidays!