Mince Pie Watch 2022

Back by popular demand [verification required] is the world famous Mince Pice Watch.

Tesco Rich and Decadent All Butter Pastry : claggy, floury, shallow. Shite.

Asda extra special: a wee bit peely wally, but otherwise pretty decent, especially for those c***s.

Tesco Finest Chocolate Orange Crumble Topped Mince Pies: Just enough orange flavour and a wee hint of something boozy, but not enough to overpower. Small, but delicious.

Bettys (there’s no apostrophe on the box) Classic Mince Pies: Superb. A definite early contender for Pie of the Year. Have no faults at all. 

Marks & Spencer baked in store. Solid crispy crust. Good size. Tasty filling. Bit sticky.

Marks & Spencer’s All Butter Puff Pasty Mince Pies: Dry. Small. Poorly filled. Shite.

Waitrose Baked in store. Very nice. Wide but a little shallow. Mince meat a little too paste-like but pastry held up well and was overall quite tasty.

Mr Kipling Deep Filled Mince Pies. Seriously, f**k this c**t. The same claggy shite year upon year. Folk that like these pies shop in Asda, by choice, and wear trackies, and drink Jack Daniels or Smirnoff.

Edited by mathematics

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2022 at 21:23, superwell87 said:

Is it just me or does that pie vaguely resemble the Partick Thistle mascot? 

Yup, now you've said it.

Mince pies are rank and also should be banned due to violation of trade discription act. 

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Wait,....what?

I don't know what's more upsetting. That you have had uneaten mince pies sitting in your house for a year or that you put them in a freezer!!!!!

Sigh. And now I'm hungry for some more of them.

Another after dinner visit to the shops coming up. Lidl this time.

My arse is going to be a hell of a size by Christmas at this rate.

I think I picked up a couple of boxes in January when they were trying to get rid of them for about 10p a pack. Just never got round to eating them*.

*they fell to the bottom of the chest freezer.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

• 2 weeks later...