Celtic v Dundee United, Bonfire Night delight

2 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

We must hold some sort of record for conceding late goals at Parkhead.

I still have nightmares of the cup game in 96. My dad and I were halfway to the exit by the time Thom put the ball in the net for the winner, which came about 30s after Van Hoiijdonk had equalised

13 minutes ago, Daydream said:

It’s a total miracle bud

I get the Aberdeen fan mentioning shite like this as they played yesterday and are generally miserable af but your team has just come from 2 goals down to win 3-2 against alleged title rivals and your posting gormless stuff like this on here? 

21 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Congratulations to Celtic of Glasgow fc 1994 on their unbelievable win against all the odds today!

Amazing again, how do they do it?

Tbf they do have a belief that they'll win games, we would have tried to hold on for a point.

32 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Ah well. Scottish football nearly got exciting for a minute there.

Literally didn't celebrate the equaliser - losing a last minute goal at Celtic is simply expected.

Two? Unsurprising.

Michael Stewart isnae a happy chappy. 

MICHAEL STEWART has slammed the officials on the pitch and in the Var booth who combined to award a controversial penalty against Celtic at Parkhead.

Steven Fletcher swept in the spot kick after David Dickinson penalised Alexandro Bernabei for handball.

And BBC pundit Stewart felt it was an incredibly harsh award, considering the Argentinian's back was turned and had was totally unaware when Fletcher's header from a Scott McMann cross struck his arm.

The arm was away from his body - but he was out of control having gone up and missed the original header but referee Dickinson gave the award after taking a look pitchside.

Stewart told BBC Sportsound: "I can't believe you guys in the studio are not more incredulous about that handball at Celtic Park.

"I've just seen that and that is absolutely horrific from the officials.

How can you give a penalty against Bernabei for that?"

Clueless. That is horrific."

After pointing out that one member of their team had been in touch claiming it WAS a penalty, his fellow pundit Leeann Crichton added: "What is strange abut it is that he deems it deliberate, unless it is denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity, which I'm not sure it was."

Stewart said: "Here is the thing, with the handball law, if you're arm is outstretched like that as a consequence of your body movement, it is not a handball.

That is not a handball, it is incredible."

The official handball rules on IFAB read: "For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

"Not every touch of a player's hand/arm with the ball is an offence.

"It is an offence if a player -

"*Deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, fo example moving the hand/arm towards the ball.

*Touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger.

"A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by the players body movement for that specific situation.

"By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Michael Stewart isnae a happy chappy. 

MICHAEL STEWART has slammed the officials on the pitch and in the Var booth who combined to award a controversial penalty against Celtic at Parkhead.

Steven Fletcher swept in the spot kick after David Dickinson penalised Alexandro Bernabei for handball.

And BBC pundit Stewart felt it was an incredibly harsh award, considering the Argentinian's back was turned and had was totally unaware when Fletcher's header from a Scott McMann cross struck his arm.

The arm was away from his body - but he was out of control having gone up and missed the original header but referee Dickinson gave the award after taking a look pitchside.

Stewart told BBC Sportsound: "I can't believe you guys in the studio are not more incredulous about that handball at Celtic Park.

"I've just seen that and that is absolutely horrific from the officials.

How can you give a penalty against Bernabei for that?"

Clueless. That is horrific."

After pointing out that one member of their team had been in touch claiming it WAS a penalty, his fellow pundit Leeann Crichton added: "What is strange abut it is that he deems it deliberate, unless it is denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity, which I'm not sure it was."

Stewart said: "Here is the thing, with the handball law, if you're arm is outstretched like that as a consequence of your body movement, it is not a handball.

That is not a handball, it is incredible."

The official handball rules on IFAB read: "For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

"Not every touch of a player's hand/arm with the ball is an offence.

"It is an offence if a player -

"*Deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, fo example moving the hand/arm towards the ball.

*Touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger.

"A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by the players body movement for that specific situation.

"By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."

Trying to win folk back round after disagreeing with former refs and all the other pundits over the penalty against Hearts we didn’t get.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Simon Donnelly just said "the rules say its a penalty, but its not a penalty"

The Joe 90 boy next to him has the IFAB rules out on his phone........

ricky gervais laughing GIF

That's one of the big things that get on my tits about ex-players. They know the laws of the game as they are now (sometimes), but they want the game played the same way as when they played the game.

I get the Aberdeen fan mentioning shite like this as they played yesterday and are generally miserable af but your team has just come from 2 goals down to win 3-2 against alleged title rivals and your posting gormless stuff like this on here? 

And you’re biting [emoji846]

Tbh the heartache you’ve imparted on our near neighbours makes you the good guys today

Wow, you do forget what graceless p***ks they can be in victory sometimes. Good of them to remind us.

Anyway. I don't think there's a single United fan who thought the game was finishing 2-2 after we got the equaliser. The defending for the third goal was abysmal though.