Celtic v Dundee United, Bonfire Night delight

3 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

So natural position doesn’t come into it? 

It’s that unnatural the Dundee Utd player also jumping next to Bernabei has his arms in the exact same position. 😂

It seems to be that if the arm is high natural or not they are going to give it hence why we got the one against Livi. It’s a nonsense but it does seem to be a consistent nonsense as they are all being given

95EAC9C9-3BB5-4CC3-9A7D-0296894FE2E8.jpeg.bfe9c59c443386b97dbe7ea6d46fe76d.jpeg

Edited by Jinky67

4 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aye, he didn't handle the ball though.

Don’t need VAR when you’re around eh? 

Yes he didn’t handle the ball but that wasn’t the point being made but you knew that already

Edited by Jinky67

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

If Edwards had handled and then the ball had dropped to Fletcher to net, you think VAR would have okayed the goal? I don't. 

Nope and again you completely missed the point which would be is his arm in a natural position based on his body movement which considering the position of the Dundee United player suggests it is. Also handballs in attacking positions are interpreted slightly differently as natural position doesn’t factor so not really a comparable scenario

I can do you a paint by numbers if it will make it easier

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Nope and again you completely missed the point which would be is his arm in a natural position based on his body movement which considering the position of the Dundee United player suggests it is. Also handballs in attacking positions are interpreted slightly differently as natural position doesn’t factor so not really a comparable scenario

What if the referee also considers the Dundee Utd player's arm to be in an unnatural position?

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

What if the referee also considers the Dundee Utd player's arm to be in an unnatural position?

@AJF, you're completely missing the point. @Jinky67 wants us to agree with him.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

You understand the handball laws for an attacking scenario is different for a defending scenario in that natural position isn’t a factor? 

It’s not as if I mention it in the post you just quoted ….. oh wait I did

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You understand the handball laws for an attacking scenario is different for a defending scenario in that natural position isn’t a factor? 

It’s not as if I mention it in the post you just quoted ….. oh wait I did

But your point was that because the Dundee Utd player's arm was in a similar position to the Celtic player's arm, then that suggests the Celtic player's arm was likely to be in a natural position. So, I was asking what if the referee deemed that both players had their arms in an unnatural position.

Natural position is subjective so you will always get differing opinions, but your logic of "Dundee Utd players arm being in the same position as the Celtic player's arm = natural position" is flawed if the referee deems both of them to be unnatural.