Ben Doak

Gordopolis

On 17/11/2022 at 05:02, Satoshi said:

Italy capped a 16 year old, Simone Pafundi, yesterday who only has one senior club appearance (and youth appearances only up to U17 international level).

Not saying we should necessarily replicate it but capping Doak, at this stage, wouldn't be outrageous or unprecedented.

Sure the SFA will make the right call either way.

I think Italy were just trying to get some positive headlines from an embarrassing situation after missing the World Cup.

There was team who had a GOAT and Ben Doak was his name-o

B. E. N. D. Oak, 

B. E. N. D. Oak, 

B. E. N. D. Oak, 

And Ben Doak was his name-o

This one will definitely take off. Mark my words.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

7 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

There was team who had a GOAT and Ben Doak was his name-o

B. E. N. D. Oak, 

B. E. N. D. Oak, 

B. E. N. D. Oak, 

And Ben Doak was his name-o

This one will definitely take off. Mark my words.

It's shite patch it.

Some form of he makes your team bend over will have to be incorporated. And/or 'he gives me wood'. That's working with what you're given.

14 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

I thought the kid came into the side and did well, y'know, but I'm telling you now, and I didn't want to say this in front of him, but he will go right to the very top. Right to the very top.

I have followed the development of good young Scottish players very closely for a long time. The reason I am so excited about Doak is I can guarantee you we haven't had one player as advanced in his development and progress as he is in at least thirty years.

Plus he's an attacking player. We arguably haven't had a world class attacking player since Dalglish.

You look at the likes of Endrick who just signed for Real Madrid for sixty million. He's only a few months younger than Doak, and arguably hasn't progressed as far as Doak has yet. 

At every level he's been exposed to so far he has excelled. We're looking at something very very special, potentially. 

20 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

You look at the likes of Endrick who just signed for Real Madrid for sixty million. He's only a few months younger than Doak, and arguably hasn't progressed as far as Doak has yet. 

Endrick is scoring a goal every other game, at senior level, at 16, and has also played more senior games. Hes also just joined a bigger club.

I agree with a lot of what you say but Doak isnt, and never will be, close to Endrick.

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Endrick is scoring a goal every other game, at senior level, at 16, and has also played more senior games. Hes also just joined a bigger club.

I agree with a lot of what you say but Doak isnt, and never will be, close to Endrick.

At a pish level. How do you know Doak wouldn't be doing that if he was at Ross County? And he's not even a striker anyway. 

Doak has already played for one of the biggest clubs in the world before his 17th birthday.

Endrick hasn't played above u17 at international level, Doak has already scored at u21. 

He absolutely is close to Endrick right now, that's my point. That's a comparison that should have us very excited.

I find it a bit strange that you can be so sure when I know you haven't seen either of them play. It's a bit weird. We can only analyse their development on paper so far, and there's nothing that puts Endrick ahead of Doak yet.