The Traitors (includes spoilers)

MSU

Just finished the Australian version. Fantastic from start to finish.

Spoiler

I thought Teresa was great fun and both Mark and Kate were good value too. Thought the edit for Paul was extremely odd. He lasted for ages but barely said a word all series. The heartbreak in Craig's face when he realised he'd been screwed over in the final - very Ralph Wiggum when Lisa shot him down.

Finished the Aussie version recently. Another excellent season of television. 

Spoiler

Simply refuse to believe that MK is a real bloke and acts like that routinely. I was delighted when the ‘clairvoyant’ lassie fucked off because no chance was I listening to her banging on about consulting her spirit guides or whatever for any longer.

Only thing I thought was worse was not seeing the murdered folk receiving their letter and reacting because that’s often great value. 

On 26/07/2023 at 14:28, MSU said:

Think I read somewhere that UK S2 is being filmed now with a view to airing toward the end of the year, which would be in keeping with S1.

Deadline for applications for S2 is 31st July which has filming as Summer/Autumn so probably New Year at the earliest.

https://eu.castitreach.com/ag/lambert/traitors/welcome.html

British, American and Aussie versions all renewed. The latter is switching to a mix of celebrities and civilians like the US version, which I'm not so keen on but will almost certainly still watch if iPlayer picks it up again.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

• 5 months later...

Can't wait for the the morons among them to listen to the clairvoyant's suggestions only to be proven wrong. My money is on them making her a Traitor. 

Actually thought Charlotte was Charlotte Ritchie. 

Episode 3 is a cracker. I've enjoyed all the different versions of The Traitors to a greater or lesser degree, but the UK one is just so obviously the best.

Does this get better and if so how? Watched last nights as there was a lot of hype last season and it was just very meh tbh. Quite boring, Claudia Winkelman is brutal and it’s a bit cheesy with the medieval style cloaks etc.

Is that just one episode? I thought the first episode was the weakest, but then I think I always feel like that with these series. The second episode was better and the third episode was superb, as MSU says.

I can't share your disapproval of Claudia Winkleman. She's brilliant in the role, IMO.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Up to episode 3 available on iPlayer. I watched them all and now have to wait a week(?) for the next 😕

I laughed at the first ‘reading’ of the clairvoyant:

- Got the star sign wrong

- followed up with the insightful comment of ‘I feel something in your childhood shaped who you are today’

Cant remember how I felt about the first couple episodes of season 1. But you need to push through the ‘setup’ to the actual meat of the game.

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I can't share your disapproval of Claudia Winkleman. She's brilliant in the role, IMO.

Totally agree she plays the role brilliantly, not so bad on the eye either.

Overall it's a fantastic format for a TV programme. If Ash stays in then episode 4 should be some laugh.

I always thought everyone stayed at the castle but they seem to be getting ferried back and forth.

Just watched all 3 episodes tonight back to back, it's picking up already. A few players seem pretty formidable and a couple need put in the bin.

Spoiler

Think they've planted the info that there's a mother/son combo. Not buying that Zack just came up with that out of the blue and got it half right.

Also really glad they never went with Z-list celebrity contestants and kept it to (relatively) normal folk.