The Traitors (includes spoilers)

MSU

18 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I'd like to thank @buchan30 for greenying this an hour ago, and reminding me of this classic 🤣

Was about to post in the RTBC thread that @buchan30is clearly making their way through this thread, greenying along the way :lol:

🤣🤣. Yeah, majorly late to the party. Binged series 1 of the uk one over the weekend. I can absolutely see why folk have been raving about it. Even Mrs B who was saying “that’s not for me” was engrossed in it for the final few episodes. 

On 19/01/2024 at 11:07, The Minertaur said:

Just finished Season 1.  Utterly brilliant TV.  

Reveal hidden contents

Not impressed that Hannah and Meryl ended up as winners!  Both were useless throughout.  Fair play to Kieran - absolutely love his "parting gift".

Season 2 will be started tonight.

Going over old ground but on the spoiler, hard disagree from me. Really didn’t think that should’ve been allowed as it effectively ruined the end and allowed the faithfuls to win when they really shouldn’t have. If he’d just fucked off then Wilf would’ve played a great game and likely won, but Kieran basically outing him after he’d been banished fucked the whole thing. I’m still raging about it tbh.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Going over old ground but on the spoiler, hard disagree from me. Really didn’t think that should’ve been allowed as it effectively ruined the end and allowed the faithfuls to win when they really shouldn’t have. If he’d just fucked off then Wilf would’ve played a great game and likely won, but Kieran basically outing him after he’d been banished fucked the whole thing. I’m still raging about it tbh.

See I agree to an extent.  Wilf deserved to win and that was the only reason he didn't really.  If he'd been more subtle and just said that he has doubts over Wilf then that would be fine.

Actually do the Traitors not vow to always protect the other traitors in their oath? Fairly sure I heard Claudia say it when they recruited a new one in series 2. 

“Are you willing to murder your fellow players every single night? And you vow to keep your identity, and the identity of your fellow Traitors, a secret? You are now officially a Traitor. Happy murdering.

43 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

See I agree to an extent.  Wilf deserved to win and that was the only reason he didn't really.  If he'd been more subtle and just said that he has doubts over Wilf then that would be fine.

Actually do the Traitors not vow to always protect the other traitors in their oath? Fairly sure I heard Claudia say it when they recruited a new one in series 2. 

Yeah exactly. Essentially he was raging that he’d been shafted and cheated the game by explicitly outing the remaining traitor. Ruined the whole point of the show by it being allowed to happen. Once killed it should be “I’m a traitor/faithful” then walk off. They allowed it to be impossible for the traitor to win, which was shite.

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah exactly. Essentially he was raging that he’d been shafted and cheated the game by explicitly outing the remaining traitor. Ruined the whole point of the show by it being allowed to happen. Once killed it should be “I’m a traitor/faithful” then walk off. They allowed it to be impossible for the traitor to win, which was shite.

Yeah. I assume they get some sort of expenses while they are in there, I'd have it so they get that money cancelled if they f**k about like that and ruin the game (either in the house or by revealing stuff on social media before the episode has aired).

Keiran is a stroppy c**t who lost to a better player and decided to throw his toys out of the pram and ruin the series.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

On 20/01/2024 at 06:41, sparky88 said:

Ross knows his mum isn't actually dead, doesn't he? 

This was my immediate thought. From the way he spoke at the end of the last episode, you feel as though he's going to f**k over his own chances of winning any money purely because somebody played the game as it was intended to be played.

Finally caught up to series 2 episode 9 and it is gripping stuff. The way Harry is able to throw others under the bus and get away with it is unreal. You can tell Andrew isn’t comfortable at all about being a traitor and regrets it, i think miles did as well. When he poisoned Dianne, you could see the way she was looking at him as if she suspected something. The odds seem to be more in the traitors favour going into the final 3 episodes, so it will be interesting to see if Ross throws his opportunity to win it to take the others down as revenge. 
As for Kieran in series 1, when he came back it seemed to tip the odds back in favour of the faithfuls. He had Wilf marked from day one. As for Claudia as host, she always seems so bright and bubbly on other shows but i can’t describe what it is, maybe her look (the dark hair etc) but she just seems the perfect host for it, so brutal with them at times, but also gets so invested in the tasks and i think she actually forgets she is the host at that moment. 
I also can’t be the only one thinking that Harry looks like a chubby Christiano Ronaldo.

Edited by buchan30

31 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I didn't watch the first series, but have binge watched the second series up until episode 9 and now I am fucking addicted

Well, you haven't got time to be posting on here you've still got the first series of the UK, US and Australian versions to watch!

Andrew looked absolutely spent after that episode. Played a blinder at the roundtable though by sealing Ross’ fate.

Harry is turning into a cocky wee shite. Well, even more so.

Edited by The Naitch

Zak will be so proud of himself, but letting him and jasmine go at it tomorrow night and picking one of them and murdering the other tomorrow would be a clutch play. Let Andrew be outed as “the final traitor” and win the cash for himself. Hate the cocky wee shite, but fair play to him. 

Edited by buchan30

Yeah, Harry's "secret" shield should have been a massive red flag as either Harry was a traitor or one of the ones he told was a traitor and was using that to claim innocence. Only Jasmin pointed that out and even then it was immediately brushed aside.

Jaz is playing the best game. He's managed to cool suspicion on him when it looked like he'd be a gonner a couple of times. He had Paul sussed instantly and has suspected Harry for a while now, due to him running and telling stories to Paul. But as he hasn't been able to get anyone (particularly Zack and his wee follower Evie) to back his views he's gone quiet on them to avoid being murdered. I hope Harry's stupid enough to overlook murdering Jaz but that might end tonight.

It would be nice if Mollie could actually use her brains and question Harry even slightly, especially when Harry thinks he can get her just to copy whatever he does.

Oh, and they all suck at logic puzzles.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Excellent episode. Ross was utterly useless without a single ounce of tactical play. Fairly he could have gotten Andrew onside to turn on Harry later on.

I really want Harry to win. He's played a blinder and controlled the game for ages. Jaz will be gone tonight, Jasmine tomorrow and then it's an easy finish. 

Not going back through all the pages here but surely the worst thing the Faithful can do early in is vote out Traitors? 

If I was a Faithful and had suspicions on something in episode 5 then getting them out and replaced by somebody not known is surely a mistake?

31 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Not going back through all the pages here but surely the worst thing the Faithful can do early in is vote out Traitors? 

If I was a Faithful and had suspicions on something in episode 5 then getting them out and replaced by somebody not known is surely a mistake?

Since the Faithfuls almost always seem to think that if someone is their pal they can't be a traitor, they would be incapable of this sort of logic. 

Jaz an honourable exception.