Raith vs Arbroath, 17/12/22

5 hours ago, pub car king said:

Granted Frederickson hasn't worked out, and Easton has been somewhat underwhelming considering his season at Airdrie.

Struggling to say how anyone can say Frederickson hasn’t worked out…he hasn’t played. Now, is that IM’s fault for recruiting a guy that doesn’t impress him enough to play him or is Little John not impressive enough in practice because he hasn’t played in several months? In a similar vein, McBride hasn’t seen the light of day, whose fault there? Or Coulson? Or Mahady? The problem we have to too many attackers and trying to stay with the (somewhat) hot few leaves little time for any others to impress.

Easton is a bit more perplexing. He looked excellent early days, but has nearly dropped from the face of the earth…but also has been having back issues, so maybe that’s the clue.

12 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Just back from work and watched the highlights. McNeil makes a tremendous save from a free kick that skidded of the surface infront of him, then his double save. A think we’ve got a really good project n him. 

I expect to see MacDonald depart in June. McNeil will be the favorite to be the starter going forward and Thomson will be re-signed to be keeper coach and to compete for the starting role. It’s not that MacDonald isn’t a great keeper, he is 37 at the end of this season and just seems a little bit slower this year. I also expect his salary is one of the highest on the team, compared to him, McNeil will be on peanuts.

I've seen Frederiksen play 3 half's plus a 20 minute appearance,  and I'm struggling to remember last time a player looked that far out of his depth.

I'm sure if hid performances in training warranted it, that he would get more game time.  

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I've seen Frederiksen play 3 half's plus a 20 minute appearance,  and I'm struggling to remember last time a player looked that far out of his depth.

I'm sure if hid performances in training warranted it, that he would get more game time.  

Pretty much this. The fact that we were showing absolutely nothing up front in the second half yesterday and were in desperate need of a goal, yet Murray still didn’t turn to Fredericksen shows how he’s rated. 

Really poor performance as others have said. Didn’t boo myself but can totally understand the frustration. Crowd definitely starting to turn against Murray which is a worry for both him and the club. If we start to play with fear as a result then it’s a relegation battle for sure. The one consolation is we didn’t lose which keeps Arbroath behind us.

The atmosphere around the club is terrible at the moment. Feels like the heart has been ripped out of the place a little. The Home crowds are completely flat and yesterday shows the downside of shooting towards the McDermid in the second half. If you don’t get the great start then it becomes a struggle. Absolutely no atmosphere or encouragement as we pushed for a winner. Crowd feels detached which probably led to the booing. There’s a reason we’ve used the home crowd like that. for decades. 

If Murray doesn't think (rightly or wrongly) Frederiksen or McBride have anything to contribute when we are as bad as that then we need to be looking at getting them off the wage bill as soon as we can. It's no good for them or us. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Frederiksen, regrettably, looks to be nae use. But I think it's a much more forgivable move than bringing in, for example, Kyle Connell. 

Frederiksen was a total unknown for this level, a gamble that could go either way. When the market is thin, you've got to roll that dice at times with guys who've never played here before and hope they come out well above (Joel Nouble, Dipo Akinyemi) but it's obviously easier said than done. 

Anyway, I hope Frederiksen turns it around. It really doesn't look likely, but someone told me that he's got a background in social care, and he spends his days off helping out somewhere (The Cottage, maybe?) in the town. 

If you can't look at a seven foot good egg and want him to succeed, and instead be too caught up in how it's a waste of money that otherwise would've gone on some other nineteen year old from a Premiership side, you're watching football for different reasons than I am. 

I thought yesterday was another game we would’ve won if we had someone who could put the ball in the net.

I wasn’t there (had already driven to Edinburgh airport at 4am and by the time I got home and woke up I couldn’t bring myself to leave the house) but I managed to watch it and thought that there were plenty of good performances. 

Hoti looked very tidy. Back 4 all solid. Was also very good seeing Hilson and Scotty Stewart back on the park. Fosu also took us up the park very well several times in the second half and it baffles me how Dick has played him holding midfield and out wide so often this season he seems to do well every time he is put up top. I’d keep him around. 

We need a striker very badly and also some attacking options too. Our team is just not too far off it. We are just not too far behind other sides in this league. Fair play to the boys for working their baws off again they all put in a shift I just had that feeling that we would not score yesterday and it must be the same for them on the park, it’s frustrating. Some good opportunities in the second half, Oakley in particular being afraid of having a shot at goal yesterday when in a great position. 

Keep in touch with Cove through January and see what Dick can pull out of the bag and I don’t see why we can’t pull ourselves back.

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Struggling to say how anyone can say Frederickson hasn’t worked out…he hasn’t played. Now, is that IM’s fault for recruiting a guy that doesn’t impress him enough to play him or is Little John not impressive enough in practice because he hasn’t played in several months? In a similar vein, McBride hasn’t seen the light of day, whose fault there? Or Coulson? Or Mahady? The problem we have to too many attackers and trying to stay with the (somewhat) hot few leaves little time for any others to impress.

Easton is a bit more perplexing. He looked excellent early days, but has nearly dropped from the face of the earth…but also has been having back issues, so maybe that’s the clue.

It’s fair to say it hasn’t worked out with John if the manager doesn’t see enough good things to pick him, Christ he must be 💩 not to start up front for us this season, to even try and argue that means your bored and want a bite.same goes for Mcbride and mahady , coulson has had a couple of cameos but needs a loan spell like Mitchell 

Not saying Poplatnik would've been the answer, but as the story went Murray wanted him to come on trial, yet goes and signs big John who he'd never seen, and now by the looks of things hes no good and we're stuck with the players we've got as I cant foresee any activity in the January window 

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Not saying Poplatnik would've been the answer, but as the story went Murray wanted him to come on trial, yet goes and signs big John who he'd never seen, and now by the looks of things hes no good and we're stuck with the players we've got as I cant foresee any activity in the January window 

Was that from the same guy that said he'd be signing for another Championship club last Summer?

15 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Was that from the same guy that said he'd be signing for another Championship club last Summer?

Not got a clue without scrolling back threads, anyway its immaterial but personally I'd rather have wasted money on him that at least scored a few goals than the duds that have been signed

56 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Not got a clue without scrolling back threads, anyway its immaterial but personally I'd rather have wasted money on him that at least scored a few goals than the duds that have been signed

Well, that's assuming he wanted to or even to stay in the country - which there has been zero evidence towards.

Appreciate there's a few things the manager can be criticised for, but not signing a bang average striker who was poor for a fair chunk of his time, based on hearsay about if he wanted to sign or not - ain't one of them.

Edited by CALDERON

11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Well, that's assuming he wanted to or even to stay in the country - which there has been zero evidence towards.

Appreciate there's a few things rhe manager can be criticising, but not signing a bang average striker who was poor for a fair chunk of his time, based on hearsay about off he wanted to sign or not - ain't one of them.

He was at the game yesterday, think it’s fair to say he has some affection for the club , maybe the appearance fee for Raith tv is too good to turn down or maybe more ✍️🤔

Edited by Been going too long

26 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He was at the game yesterday, think it’s fair to say he has some affection for the club , maybe the appearance fee for Raith tv is too good to turn down or maybe more ✍️🤔

I'm sure he does have affection.  Doesn't mean who should be signed though.