Dunfermline v Falkirk

1 hour ago, 101 said:

The SPFL must be the slowest organisers in world football, today was the perfect day to replay the Falkirk game no doubt they haven't got their 2023 calendar out at Hampden yet.

If we have to wait 3 weeks for a date on the Airdrie game I guess the Falkirk game will be April or May:lol:

To be fair, a lot of folk I know are back to work today. I’d imagine there are also other issues in terms of costs/availability of police/stewards/officials at 24 hours notice. Police/stewards will either have not been scheduled to work today, or have been allocated to another job today. Would be really hard to organise enough for a high category football match at such short notice. Also got to remember our officials are all part time, with other jobs. So a lot of them possibly have other commitments today. I’d imagine majority of SPFL/SFA office staff were also off yesterday, so wouldn’t have been around to arrange/organise this.

I also wonder if the Airdrie game (and/or this game) might not be announced until we know who is in the next round of the cup/who might have a free weekend on 11th Feb - Airdrie already out, so will have a free weekend.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

To be fair, a lot of folk I know are back to work today. I’d imagine there are also other issues in terms of costs/availability of police/stewards/officials at 24 hours notice. Police/stewards will either have not been scheduled to work today, or have been allocated to another job today. Would be really hard to organise enough for a high category football match at such short notice. Also got to remember our officials are all part time, with other jobs. So a lot of them possibly have other commitments today. I’d imagine majority of SPFL/SFA office staff were also off yesterday, so wouldn’t have been around to arrange/organise this.

I also wonder if the Airdrie game (and/or this game) might not be announced until we know who is in the next round of the cup/who might have a free weekend on 11th Feb - Airdrie already out, so will have a free weekend.

I don't doubt that it would have been hard, but something totally worth it, the stewarding company will be used to no notice events and the play off games don't have much more notice than 24 hours.

But I'm just annoyed that such a game was postponed, I would agree they might wait until the next round of the Scottish and Challenge cups are out the way but it would be nice for the SPFL to come out and say that rather than just say nothing.

I think the spfl have a policy(the sfl certainly did) that anything postponed over the winter won't be scheduled until the end of February unless the clubs agree a date before then.  Its a bit wait and see in case anyone ends up with a big backlog and they need to be careful with the scheduling and not just pick a random tuesday.

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think the spfl have a policy(the sfl certainly did) that anything postponed over the winter won't be scheduled until the end of February unless the clubs agree a date before then.  Its a bit wait and see in case anyone ends up with a big backlog and they need to be careful with the scheduling and not just pick a random tuesday.

We are still waiting for the Alloa game from a few weeks back to be rescheduled, AFAIK. I assume you are still waiting for the Airdrie one too. 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We are still waiting for the Alloa game from a few weeks back to be rescheduled, AFAIK. I assume you are still waiting for the Airdrie one too. 

We go to Alloa on the 7th of February according to the BBC. 

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Is that not for the cup game?

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fucking working. Get yourselves to absolute f**k. 

Here's some advice to help you out M8, try for a new job to suit your existing skillset. 

The 2023 new year is everyone's Oyster. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, bairn88 said:

Hope you’ve got that USH fixed lads 

B68279F0-7EB0-4B12-8C62-6F05679996DB.jpeg

Hoping we have done and it will be used if necessary which does look likely. Fortunately no weather warnings, so apart from the small amount of snow on Monday it'll just be the freezing temperatures. One thing is that it will thaw on Tuesday and unlike 2nd of Jan we have all day for it to thaw, it's not to go below freezing until after kick off on Tuesday.

There was a supporters council meeting in January and the club said it was tested throughout December. I think it was some sort of pump that broke and given the time of year it would take a bit longer to arrive (coming from Germany I think they said). So, I would like to think we have received, fitted and plan to use the USH if required. If the game doesn't go ahead it just moves to another Tuesday down the line, so no real financial gain so I hope the club just take the hit using the USH and get the game on.

If we have to put our USH I hole we don't bother. 

It's worth it to stop a Saturday game, becoming a midweek game and the drop in income that comes with that. 

However in this instance the game is already on a Tuesday, if we're banging the USH on the weather will be shite and cold which will only impact the attendance more. Get it off, put it back a couple of weeks. Easy. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If we have to put our USH I hole we don't bother. 

It's worth it to stop a Saturday game, becoming a midweek game and the drop in income that comes with that. 

However in this instance the game is already on a Tuesday, if we're banging the USH on the weather will be shite and cold which will only impact the attendance more. Get it off, put it back a couple of weeks. Easy. 

I think if Dunfermline fail to fulfil this fixture for a second time the three points should be awarded to Falkirk automatically tbh…..

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Imo it should be a 6 point penalty.

Now now - remember the absolute mess you cants got in when the Rovers were awarded the League 1 title by default. Can't have it both ways chaps