Pie and Bovril is 20!

On 26/12/2022 at 13:46, Ludo*1 said:

I always worry about this site declining in numbers or Div getting fed up and closing it. Always my go to website and only real form of 'social media' I use. 14 years for me. Some going.

I joined around the same time because EastFootball was dying on its arse.

On 01/01/2023 at 11:17, Uncle Psychosis said:

The first PnB headcase that I can remember was Pompey (I think - was he the guy with the Israel flag as an avatar?). I can't even remember what was mental about him, but it must have been good if I remember it 16 years later! 

Pompey was for a time one of the better posters to debate with then it turned out he was an ultra pro Israeli racist who genuinely wished that more Muslims had died in the Tsunami. I dont think he was immediately banned, which I thought was pretty outrageous at the time, but he wasnt long in repeating something similar and getting jettisoned.

On 01/01/2023 at 17:33, johnnydun said:

On that note,

We have sadly had a number of P&B posters pass on (in the 10 years that I have been here).

Madwillie, Dee Dee, ah-dee and most recently Jimi Shandrix all immediately spring to mind. I'm sure there's been plenty more that none of us will ever know about.

I think the first P&B semi regular to pass away was my friend Alex Goodwin who I shared a room with on several Scotland away trips. Think it was 2006 when he died of a heart attack. 

Damned if I can remember his user name right now but it was a QoS one I'm sure. 

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Pompey was for a time one of the better posters to debate with then it turned out he was an ultra pro Israeli racist who genuinely wished that more Muslims had died in the Tsunami. I dont think he was immediately banned, which I thought was pretty outrageous at the time, but he wasnt long in repeating something similar and getting jettisoned.

I think the first P&B semi regular to pass away was my friend Alex Goodwin who I shared a room with on several Scotland away trips. Think it was 2006 when he died of a heart attack. 

Damned if I can remember his user name right now but it was a QoS one I'm sure. 

Was Alex the dj/pa announcer at Palmerston?

I joined in September 2013 not long after taking early retirement, so in with the older posters on here. Even after almost 10 years I know very little about how the site works apart from being able to post my shite. It is part of my “ what I do when I wake up” routine. Check our bank accounts, do Wordle and then do the Aussie quiz. Sad b*st*rd.

5 hours ago, Swarley said:

Was Alex the dj/pa announcer at Palmerston?

No that's Alex Wilson. He's still the PA announcer at Palmerston. He's only looked dead since 2006! 😆

Alex Goodwin was the 1st chairman of the QoS Trust when it was set up. It's irritating me that I can't remember what his user name on here was. I imagine any threads that he actually posted on will be long since culled.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I remember he posted something about his work once, he worked in forensic science and it was absolutely fascinating, really well explained insight into a high profile criminal case at the time (the Billie-Jo Jenkins murder case).  Then he went back to posting how the Serbs should've killed more Bosnians or something like that.