Is your team's stadium crumbling?

Saw in the Raith Rovers thread that Starks needs a bit of work due to being pretty dated. Dens is seemingly in a bit of state regarding the Main and Derry stands. Pittodrie is in a similar condition apparently.

I imagine that a lot of grounds across the UK will be showing their age, given how old many are.

Regarding my own club, the main stand is the oldest but had work done to it when the rest of the ground was changed to all seater. Seemingly though the North stand is very slowly sinking, and there was a rumour that the club wanted it to be the same height as the stands behind the goals but couldn't do so because more weight would cause it to sink further. Could be utter nonsense mind. Anyway, aside from the seats looking dated/faded, East End is mostly in decent shape, although the maintenance for it is ever increasing.

How is your club's ground doing? 

Don’t think it’s unique to Scotland. Not my club, but was at Atletico Madrid’s ground 10/12 years ago (vs Aberdeen if you are asking, a long story..) and was surprised to see what an utterly crumbling cesspit a 5* rated UEFA stadium looked like. 

I think the money swilling about the #barclays maybe presents a skewed view way off the norm. 

Almondvale had been totally neglected when we were in the lower leagues and since our promotion season we've seen some fantastic upgrades and changes...a lot of which was carried out by David Martindale himself. My team were playing in the stadium one day after Livi training and we noticed our assistant manager (at the time) up a ladder working on part of the stadium. The stadium as a whole is in a much better place than it was 7-8 years ago

34 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Almondvale had been totally neglected when we were in the lower leagues and since our promotion season we've seen some fantastic upgrades and changes...a lot of which was carried out by David Martindale himself. My team were playing in the stadium one day after Livi training and we noticed our assistant manager (at the time) up a ladder working on part of the stadium. The stadium as a whole is in a much better place than it was 7-8 years ago

Hooch,1 area that needs urgent attention is the tannoy system.......don't think its been upgraded since 95 .

You can hardly hear the announcer for the vast majority of the time,when he's on it..........

Edited by Dav nan Gael

Ibrox had been seriously neglected for years under the previous board. It’s since been heavily invested in with new cladding, now roofing, new kiosks and concourse refresh. We also have a new hospitality suite under construction as well as New Edmiston House. It’s still looking a bit tired in places though.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Saw in the Raith Rovers thread that Starks needs a bit of work due to being pretty dated. Dens is seemingly in a bit of state regarding the Main and Derry stands. Pittodrie is in a similar condition apparently.

I imagine that a lot of grounds across the UK will be showing their age, given how old many are.

Regarding my own club, the main stand is the oldest but had work done to it when the rest of the ground was changed to all seater. Seemingly though the North stand is very slowly sinking, and there was a rumour that the club wanted it to be the same height as the stands behind the goals but couldn't do so because more weight would cause it to sink further. Could be utter nonsense mind. Anyway, aside from the seats looking dated/faded, East End is mostly in decent shape, although the maintenance for it is ever increasing.

How is your club's ground doing? 

@VincentGuerin is the man to consult on that...

12 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Hooch,1 area that needs urgent attention is the tannoy system.......don't think its been upgraded since 95 .

You can hardly hear the announcer for the vast majority of the time,when he's on it..........

I'm sure the sound system got an upgrade a few years back...think the issues can be ironed out with some fine tuning but that takes time, money and manpower. I think I read that Colin and Liam will be doing some research and work on it in the new year. I'd like to see the disabled section upgraded too if I'm honest. It seems like a complete after thought but in general the stadium is in pretty good nick these days

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Don’t think it’s unique to Scotland. Not my club, but was at Atletico Madrid’s ground 10/12 years ago (vs Aberdeen if you are asking, a long story..) and was surprised to see what an utterly crumbling cesspit a 5* rated UEFA stadium looked like. 

I think the money swilling about the #barclays maybe presents a skewed view way off the norm. 

I think a few Jambos will probably relate stories of the state of the D'allara - I've not been but most stadia in Italy are a state.

I went to Goodison some time ago and it looked a bit dated. Elland Road is so bad/old that my (Leeds-supporting!!) friend explained to me that it stood in for 1930s Wembley in "The King's Speech".... 😂

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Just remember that Heysel was passed as a “premier stadium” by UEFA for a European Cup final.

I remember going to that renamed stadium there for a critical Scotland qualifier and the crushing going towards the turnstiles showed that no lessons had been learned with regards safety.

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

Hardly surprising when all your “money” went onto the park resulting in your club’s liquidation.

Swing and a miss. The previous board were post-liquidation. That’s who I referred to.

48 minutes ago, AJF said:

Ibrox had been seriously neglected for years under the previous board. It’s since been heavily invested in with new cladding, now roofing, new kiosks and concourse refresh. We also have a new hospitality suite under construction as well as New Edmiston House. It’s still looking a bit tired in places though.

That money won't launder itself.

25 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Just remember that Heysel was passed as a “premier stadium” by UEFA for a European Cup final.

I remember going to that renamed stadium there for a critical Scotland qualifier and the crushing going towards the turnstiles showed that no lessons had been learned with regards safety.

I was in that crush in 2012! Absolute shit heap