Aberdeen v Ross County

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tbh I was more concerned that he started all 3 strikers. It didn’t sound like it would work and it didn’t. Felt like another tactical stab in the dark from him. 

Kennedy found his level in the league cup groups. 

This.

Duk was fairly effective wide left in the first half but I’m still not sure what position Ramirez was asked to play (he did it badly).

Goodwin has not got a clue tactically I’m sorry to say. 
Add today to the growing list. 

We should not be giving him a January transfer window, but sadly I think we will. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

Dire stuff. 

59 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

This.

Duk was fairly effective wide left in the first half but I’m still not sure what position Ramirez was asked to play (he did it badly).

Goodwin has not hit a clue tactically I’m sorry to say. 
Add today to the growing list. 

We should not be giving him a January transfer window, but sadly I think we will. 

Looked like Ramirez was playing in attacking midfielder role of a 3 behind the striker but looked lost or couldn’t be bothered. 

dire stuff to sit through. Still trying to work out why McCorie was taken the goal kicks and doing them short. 

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

100% agree. The teams that are around County in the league would not have come and done that if it was this Aberdeen team they were playing. While county didn't have to defend that well to get a point because we were pish, I struggle to see what games the County manager thinks they can have a go at on the road. Does he do that at Hibs, Hearts?? St J, Livi??

You sound like a Sevco supporter...they set up defensively and it's up to us to break them down.

They played the way we played against Celtic so we're hardly in a position to criticise.

We're pish.

32 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think he's struggling with the added pressure and expectation.

After the win at fir park he had a little pop at the fans saying in Aberdeen people get very excited when we win and it’s the end of the world when we lose. 

I thought it was a strange comment to make after a win, and it seemed a little smug and a sign that the criticism and pressure had been getting to him. 

At risk of being a bit happy-clappy, I think you could drop that game into a decent Aberdeen season and it wouldn't be seen as a massive issue. The problem is that we badly needed a win today and didn't manage to get one. The timing couldn't have been much worse. 

Individually, I thought there were decent performances: Ramadani was good, Duk and Kennedy were bright in the first-half, McCrorie showed urgency but struggled with the final ball. But, collectively, we were just not sharp enough to take a chance and lacked composure and guile in and around the box. 

We did plenty of things right at times, but begun to resemble a pretty desperate team sorely lacking in confidence for the last half hour. 

That was better but still utter dung. 

I can't understand playing an out and out striker in midfield when we've plenty of attacking midfield options. Our set pieces were a complete waste of time and we looked panicked defending our own box again. 

If we stick with Goodwin we're going to be in the mix with six other teams again and Europe or top six will be a lottery. 

Trying to abuse the headknock rule to stop breaks is pretty low. The number of times it happened, it has to be an instruction. 

9 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Also, I think County will finish bottom which is a shame as I quite like them being in the top flight. 

Right now, I am getting to the point in hoping there is someone else cast adrift in 12th……….much as I enjoy trips to Dingwall.  Yinitit look like they’ve got their $hit together and Kilmarnock seem to pick up a lot of points at home.

We could yet go into freefall.  I don’t think we have scored an open play goal from inside the box since the Hibs game.

On the RedTV audio I endured from afar last night, even something that sounded like a goal ended up not being a goal - chance involving Besuijen late on.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Right now, I am getting to the point in hoping there is someone else cast adrift in 12th……….much as I enjoy trips to Dingwall.  Yinitit look like they’ve got their $hit together and Kilmarnock seem to pick up a lot of points at home.

We could yet go into freefall.  I don’t think we have scored an open play goal from inside the box since the Hibs game.

On the RedTV audio I endured from afar last night, even something that sounded like a goal ended up not being a goal - chance involving Besuijen late on.

I hear you.

We're not the only club really suffering for form which also helps.

County aside, Livi haven't won in their last 5 (I think), Hibs have won just once since the break. Motherwell and St Johnstone also seem to be struggling to pick up points. 

However, yesterday's fixture was supposed to be the easiest league fixture of this month. ST J will be difficult to beat as they always make things difficult at Pittodrie. After that, two trips to Edinburgh and we all know how bad our away form is. 

If United and Motherwell win their games in hand then we're in serious trouble. 

13 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Akio and Loturi were dropped due to a disciplinary issue. My guess is the brothers enjoyed a lock-in at the Mallard until it was new year in Canada. 

Hopefully this kind of shit is nipped in the bud, with this incident. A good response from these two is the least they owe their teammates.

A good away point for us, even if some home supports seem to think we should have had more of a go. It's a point to build from. Our next game at home to Livi is one where we NEED 3 points.

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

That was better but still utter dung. 

I can't understand playing an out and out striker in midfield when we've plenty of attacking midfield options. Our set pieces were a complete waste of time and we looked panicked defending our own box again. 

If we stick with Goodwin we're going to be in the mix with six other teams again and Europe or top six will be a lottery. 

Trying to abuse the headknock rule to stop breaks is pretty low. The number of times it happened, it has to be an instruction. 

The formation/substitutions came across as a hopeful throw of the dice rather than having any coherent strategy or thought behind it. Although both Miovski and Ramirez were poor, taking both off meant we had nobody in the box when we got in promising positions out wide given Duk likes to roam the pitch. This made even less sense given we’d brought on two wingers.

County were clearly content from half time with just a point and defended well but we didn’t create ever look capable of breaking them down.

Ramadani was very good, and despite his corners and a lot of the stick he seems to be getting, I thought Kennedy played well.

18 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

The formation/substitutions came across as a hopeful throw of the dice rather than having any coherent strategy or thought behind it. Although both Miovski and Ramirez were poor, taking both off meant we had nobody in the box when we got in promising positions out wide given Duk likes to roam the pitch. This made even less sense given we’d brought on two wingers.

County were clearly content from half time with just a point and defended well but we didn’t create ever look capable of breaking them down.

Ramadani was very good, and despite his corners and a lot of the stick he seems to be getting, I thought Kennedy played well.

Kennedy and McCrorie did well getting us forward down the right but only managed two decent balls into the box between them and both missed multiple opportunities to play cutbacks to players in acres of space. Preferable to turning around and going back i suppose. 

The instruction was to get crosses in though, so they're only following orders. 

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Hopefully this kind of shit is nipped in the bud, with this incident. A good response from these two is the least they owe their teammates.

A good away point for us, even if some home supports seem to think we should have had more of a go. It's a point to build from. Our next game at home to Livi is one where we NEED 3 points.

There's an affa' number of teams needing 3 points in the Premiership...

35 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Kennedy and McCrorie did well getting us forward down the right but only managed two decent balls into the box between them and both missed multiple opportunities to play cutbacks to players in acres of space. Preferable to turning around and going back i suppose. 

The instruction was to get crosses in though, so they're only following orders. 

The midfielders and forwards were pointing for Kennedy to run in to space so they could play him in. He chose to stay out goal side of his marker and try and beat him every time, slowing things down.

5 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

A few on our side of the fence thinking Saturday's game is a must win for us too.