Week 18

lichtie23

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

1 year of the Josh McDaniels experience complete.

I fully expect this diddy to be canned after a second consecutive 6-11 in 2023 and we’ll be back here roughly a year from now trying to figure out which HC is the best option to fix things.

Happy new year.

Raiders look like they're facing a complete rebuild. They have some cornerstones in Crosby and Adams, and I think re-signing Jacobs makes sense for both because I don't think he'll get as much money on the open market as he will staying put, but this is the Raiders so it probably won't be as straightforward as that. Rumours already that Adams is getting antsy about the QB situation and I'm not certain that if you end up in a tear it up and start again situation that a guy who drafted Tim Tebow in the 1st round is someone I'd want at the controls.

At least you are not the Broncos, who I reckon are completely rubber ducked because I don't see a change of HC turning Wilson around. He's definitely fallen off with age, but I think he's been exposed for the QB I always thought he was. Thrives in a team and O that is set up to use his specific skill set, but can't sling it like a genuine elite QB when the game is put on his shoulders. I think there's more to be optimistic about as a Raider because you don't have a deadweight contract gimping your spending power, you own your draft picks, the Chargers are in a 'win now' window and will tail off in a year or two, and KC can't keep getting by with no D and relying on Kelce to carry the O forever.

5 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

I agree, hate the troughing the passer calls, also hate that QBs can go on a run and slide at the end, if they run beyond the line of scrimmage they should be considered a runner and not allowed to slide! 

Any player can give themselves up, that rule is not specific to QB's.

58 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

What a fuckin let down. Game and season over.

There's no worse feeling, but I think the Titans season has been over for weeks tbh. Made it closer than I expected in the end, but an inept O and playing backed up in your own half repeatedly is a recipe for disaster.

Was hoping the Titans would pull it off as I think they'd be slightly easier for LAC to handle in the WC round than Jax, but we'll see. Chargers might shit the bed and end up playing Cinci.

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Enjoyed the Titans Jags game. Did think Dobbs's arm was coming forward and was surprised it stood as a fumble (although nice to see the officis not blow it dead for once).

Thought it was empty hand tbh, but yeah, far too often the play is blown dead but ruled a fumble after review, and it screws the D.

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Raiders look like they're facing a complete rebuild. They have some cornerstones in Crosby and Adams, and I think re-signing Jacobs makes sense for both because I don't think he'll get as much money on the open market as he will staying put, but this is the Raiders so it probably won't be as straightforward as that. Rumours already that Adams is getting antsy about the QB situation and I'm not certain that if you end up in a tear it up and start again situation that a guy who drafted Tim Tebow in the 1st round is someone I'd want at the controls.

Adams has already said he’s sticking around, tbf. He was a Raiders fan before becoming friends with Carr, and most importantly he’s just a really good professional. That said, if next year is a shitshow like this one then it won’t surprise me if he does want out.

McDaniels isn’t getting a rebuild, and he knows it. Which is why he won’t hitch his wagon to a rookie like he did with Tebow. He’ll go after veterans who he knows and trusts (Brady, Garoppolo, Brissett - probably in that order) and then try to fix some of the holes to make things easier for them. I’m not convinced any are a better option than Carr at this point, nor do I have faith in McDaniels to turn around the mess of his own creation.

37 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Just watched the condensed game highlights. Looked a very scrappy affair. The play call on the 4th and 12 was bizarre. 

Yeah, he had to go long. I do not get why they would throw short. Todd Downing the OC needs binned.