Celtic v Kilmarnock

gannonball

Wouldn’t be a Celtic match thread without a pile on however now seen the highlights, looks like a pen so most likely got away with one however all it does it underpin what we have been saying all season is that when it comes to correcting clear and obvious errors VAR just isn’t working and will continue not to work. 

In saying that the better and more deserving team based on play over 90 mins won the game so now can look forward to a cup final. 

48 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The point is you’re comparing apples with oranges here. 

You’re referring to the kind of thing that goes on at almost every set piece with both players fouling each other and sometimes a clear foul is missed because it gets lost in all the other tussling going on. 

That’s not what happened yesterday. Wright and giakoumakis have no one near them, wrights eyes are on the ball and giakoumakis goes straight through the back of him and flattens him. It is very clearly a foul and a penalty. I find it strange that you don’t see that.  

Scottish football is full of huddies who clatter in to the back of each other and man handle each other. This got more attention as it was late in a semi final and the media lapping up a quote from Ange. I think we're going to just have to disagree tbh.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Scottish football is full of huddies who clatter in to the back of each other and man handle each other. This got more attention as it was late in a semi final and the media lapping up a quote from Ange. I think we're going to just have to disagree tbh.

It got more attention because it was a clear penalty 

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Uh huh…Scottish football is full of clumsy challenges like that. It’s also littered with free kicks for fouls awarded for challenges like that. 

We can leave it there and agree to disagree if you want, but don’t be upset if people think you’re being less than objective when you say it’s a clear penalty but to call it an injustice is nonsense.

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

Will we read and hear about Killies penalty claim relentlessly for the next fortnight?

Will Killie be holding crisis talks with the SFA on Monday?

Maybe they should just submit a formal complaint to the SFA about Collum and that way he won’t ref any of their games again for a couple of yrs, 

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Clown Job was only doing the "all of you hate Catholics" bit so you'd all stop talking about the penalty and the refereeing in general. It worked tbf.

It's all he's done since he arrived here. A flame fanning poisonous bastirt that should have been emptied long ago.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Will we read and hear about Killies penalty claim relentlessly for the next fortnight?

Will Killie be holding crisis talks with the SFA on Monday?

No, because Killie will accept it was a shite decision and move on I would imagine.

Anyway just to clarify:

Celtic on the wrong end of mostly correct VAR calls earlier in the season was a CONSPIRACY.

Killie not getting an obvious pen is just one of those things because they don't "get given every week".

Excellent 😂

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well, that was an interesting read. Hard luck Killie, but I don't think you were ever going to be allowed to win that.

Ain't that the truth.

Stolen from Off the Ball,

Willie Collum has retrospectively referred yesterday's extra time incident to VAR and the decision is 'penalty Rangers'.

Says all you need to know about the sponsors/authorities requirement for a bigot fest final.

10 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Is there video of the actual pen incident? All I see are images of the two players going to ground and the ball is nowhere to be seen. 

It seems to have been erased from MSM highlights...