Alloa vs Falkirk

Looks like McGlynn will once again be fielding a side without a recognised striker. Given we scored four times against Clyde, that is perhaps not a fearful prospect.

Ricey will once again go for it. He tends to be a very attack minded manager, so I think it will be a seriously open game.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Looks like McGlynn will once again be fielding a side without a recognised striker. Given we scored four times against Clyde, that is perhaps not a fearful prospect.

Ricey will once again go for it. He tends to be a very attack minded manager, so I think it will be a seriously open game.

I'm not sure you can say Burrell isn't a recognised striker. Not a target man for sure, but he's absolutely a striker for me 

13 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Can see Henderson dropping back in Donaldsons absence and hope young Finn Yeats covers. Who knows though. Hope Nesbit does not have to cover back as he has been a revelation in the more advanced role

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There's plenty options. I suspect Brad Mckay will slot straight into an otherwise unchanged setup tbh

McKay taking the place of Donaldson at the back would be the most sensible option and be least disruptive to our current style of play. We have all seen the difference that Henderson makes to our midfield now so why make two positional changes when only one will do?

This fixture is a derby in my eyes (although to be fair TFS doesn’t really lend itself to it) , and nobody will convince me otherwise. Both teams in reasonably good form and scoring plenty of goals. Great chance for either team to progress. I fancy us although Donaldson out is a blow, but I’ve been reasonably happy with McKay this year when he has played centre back. 

I did but was out and about at 0730. Warmed up nicely now. Great conditions for the game today, especially compared to last week 🥶 Both teams have lost important players due to loan recalls. I feel we’ve enough strength in depth to cope though.  Hopefully Scougall fit and an unchanged line up for us. Big Connor was unbelievable first half and loves a game against Falkirk, gotta be on the score sheet again 🤞 Substitution wise, I’d have Rodden on instead of LD. LD looked far from fit last week and didn’t put enough into the game for me. C,Mon the Waspees

On 19/01/2023 at 15:00, Bairnardo said:

I'm not sure you can say Burrell isn't a recognised striker. Not a target man for sure, but he's absolutely a striker for me 

Yeah, but despite that, we go into the game without a recognised striker.

2 hours ago, Alloamad said:

I did but was out and about at 0730. Warmed up nicely now. Great conditions for the game today, especially compared to last week 🥶 Both teams have lost important players due to loan recalls. I feel we’ve enough strength in depth to cope though.  Hopefully Scougall fit and an unchanged line up for us. Big Connor was unbelievable first half and loves a game against Falkirk, gotta be on the score sheet again 🤞 Substitution wise, I’d have Rodden on instead of LD. LD looked far from fit last week and didn’t put enough into the game for me. C,Mon the Waspees

I’d have Rodden on instead of LD. LD looked far from fit last week and didn’t put enough into the game for me

Willing to eat my hat. Get in Luke one nil the wasps

Brilliant from McCann and a fantastically timed run from Mckay to spare the blushes of a half where we were second to far too much. Alloa are playing high. We should be looking for no more than 2 or 3 passes before looking to spring someone in behind down the flanks. When we move the ball quick to McCann and Kennedy they show threat. Morrison is off it today.